Bad Guy UnderGround Reptiles should stay underground - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
hhmoore
Ryan, this has been addressed before - if you are going to post on the BOI, please register your own account

Old 06-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #12
Focal
From UGR:

Quote:
I am hoping the BOI would be used by senior members such as yourself to bring about resolution and facts not unfounded cheap insults
No no no. I cannot let this comment slide and you are so full of it. Several members here have tried to bring resolution to many of your "problems" in the past. As soon as the consensus concludes you were in the wrong, you post something along the lines of "this is our last post" and disappear. You deserve every cheap insult thrown your way because you take advantage of newbies in the hobby and try to use the fact that they are green to shift the fault onto them.

You will get no quarter here from who you define as "senior members" because those are the people that are familiar with the way you operate.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
Most are NOT repeat customers.

But I will never give ANYONE a free pass to say its bound to happen cause you deal with a lot of animals. If it happens like it is with UGR, then its time to step back, up Quality Control and downsize the operation!

Heres another incident that happened recently, Some already know about it due to Facebook but i feel it should be posted to show.

Your right Rich. If its happens as much as it is,then its is time to take a break and look things over and make corrections. But i still say it will happen when dealing with tens of thousands of reptiles yearly. I am not sticking up for them in the least. I will never buy from them myself from all the reading i have done about them. It wouldnt be so bad but its a continual thing it seems.I rather buy from a breeder then a retailer. Retailer paid for the animal and then they feel the need to sell it no matter what. Thats the bad with these big retailers,they dont seem to give a hoot as long as they get their money.
Are the owners participating in the operation or going on many vacations ? Why let it happen?If its the hired help,time to let someone go.
Its just a shame to see the big guys fall so far back and let this happen.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
UndergroundReptiles
Rich we get it you don't like us but what do you have to say about what this thread is really about. I'm also curious as to why you didn't mention that this frog was replaced by us after receiving a picture. If replacing an animal that was sent accidentally at our cost to a customer is bad then I guess guilty as charged.

Ryan Borkan

Old 06-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #15
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
Rich we get it you don't like us but what do you have to say about what this thread is really about. I'm also curious as to why you didn't mention that this frog was replaced by us after receiving a picture. If replacing an animal that was sent accidentally at our cost to a customer is bad then I guess guilty as charged.

Ryan Borkan
This thread is about your company which includes ANY transaction whether bad or good or related or not to the OP.

Regardless if it was replaced or not, you still sent it out. How is sending out deformities an accident?

Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
Paqkleader
how do you even send out a frog like that?! LMFAO

Old 06-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Bobby Douglass
Ryan/Rian can you provide proof that the customer was aware of the issues with the monitors?

Why do you refuse to correct the account issue that the mods have asked you to take care of several times? They're not singling you out, we're all bound to the rule of one person per account.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #18
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Are the owners participating in the operation or going on many vacations ? Why let it happen?If its the hired help,time to let someone go.
Its just a shame to see the big guys fall so far back and let this happen.
It's completely a quality control issue. This is a growing trend in many hobbies and businesses. Why have quality control and throw away money you invested into a quality product when only a percentage of customers are going to do anything about the issue.

For example, if you stop 100% of poor quality items before they go out, you lose 100% of that profit and investment. If you don't, and only reimburse, let's say 50% of faulty products that are complained about, you are more likely to break even than to be at any loss. On the other hand, if you challenge and fight every faulty product, you can bring that 50% loss even lower and may still profit. I'm not saying UGR operates in this manner ... But keep that in mind when you hear how much they challenge disgruntled customers and come to your own conclusion. Just look at their first post to every bad guy thread posted; they go right after the buyer.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
It's completely a quality control issue. This is a growing trend in many hobbies and businesses. Why have quality control and throw away money you invested into a quality product when only a percentage of customers are going to do anything about the issue.

For example, if you stop 100% of poor quality items before they go out, you lose 100% of that profit and investment. If you don't, and only reimburse, let's say 50% of faulty products that are complained about, you are more likely to break even than to be at any loss. On the other hand, if you challenge and fight every faulty product, you can bring that 50% loss even lower and may still profit. I'm not saying UGR operates in this manner ... But keep that in mind when you hear how much they challenge disgruntled customers and come to your own conclusion. Just look at their first post to every bad guy thread posted; they go right after the buyer.

Dont get me wrong,i agree with you . I have been reading all along on these guys.This thread and ones before. I think they have some real problems with their character and trying pass it their fault onto the customer is ,well,

Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
hallowedone
I have also purchased an animal from then recently. I was not going to post on here for push it any further after receiving the email from them but this is just making me mad. It seems as if it was never their fault if something goes wrong. I understand that the seller can have a lifetime replacement guarantee but I didn’t even feel any remorse from them. The animal cost me 200 plus shipping and it took me 2 months to save for this little guy with my disability and to have all that go up in flames sucks. This post took a bit to write and with internet going out an hour or so ago is a little behind.

Well here is the back story. I purchased a Roughneck monitor from them towards the end of last month. Payed over the phone for it on a Monday and received it on Tuesday. When I opened the package everything looked fine. He was shipped with a baby turtle that I had also purchased. He was placed directly into a 10g quarantine tank. Yes I know this tank is a bit small for long term but wanted to make sure he was eating and drinking fine. I called them a short time after I received the package letting them know that everything looked great. I did not offer any food for the first 24 hours to help reduce stress. On wed I offered him several different items to see what he was interested in, all of which I was told he had been eating. He went after nothing. All he did was stay under his hide. Never basked. Did spend a few nights in the water bowl. On Thursday I called trying to figure out why he was not eating. At this time I was told that he still might be stressed and if he hasn’t eaten anything by Monday to give them another call. I also reconfirmed the types of food that he had been eating. On Tuesday I decided to drive about 2 hours up to my moms house so that I could see the vet there. Since where I live there is no small animal or reptile vets I figured this would be the best. I placed the little guy in a rubber made tub for transportation and figured if he was having issues I did not want him eating any of the bedding or anything. The soonest time I could be see was Wednesday afternoon. I set up the appointment and then proceeded to get some items to see if I could try and force feed the little guys something. This was no good. I was more scared of hurting the brittle little animal I think. Well when I got up I went to check up on him and he was dead. Sadly he did not make it through the night was was unable to have the vet take a look at him. Over a period of a week I only have him kinda try food 2 times and that was only after I stuck his face in wet cat food and the only thing he did was lick a very small amount off his face and then called it quits.

When I called to ask questions before I bought the little guy I was told that they have 6-7 of them. I ended up ordering mine about an hour later. The weird thing is that every time I called the person always went right into the”man I remember that little guy and he always ate so well for us” crap. Even when they did not know the name of the buyer they always knew which animal I was talking about.

Here are the emails:

Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:10 PM
To: info@undergroundreptiles.com
Subject: Dead roughneck monitor

Hello,

I am very sorry that we would talk under these circomstances. As I said on the phone earlier today. I received a roughneck from you guys on Tuesday of last week. About an hour ago I found him dead. I have not been able to really get him to eat at all. A little bit of cat off here and there but nothing much at all. He also has been very lazy. Not moving much in his cage. A little more active when out. Up until yesterday I had him in a 10g tank with a hiding place and branch. Cypress mulch was the bedding. Big enough water bowl for him to fully get into. The lighting was a ZOO MED UV/UVB bulb and a red 60w bulb for heat. The cage was right around 86 on the cool end and his basking spot was right about 98. I never once saw him back and when put on the log he would run straight back to the hide. Humidity was at 65-70 all the time. Yesterday I placed him into a plastic tub because I needed to go to my moms for a bit and I wanted to keep a close eye on him. The lights came with him as well as a UTH. For this tank I used paper towels. The heat and humidity were kept at the same levels. He was rubbing his face a but more than normal, the same way a snake would if it had RI but there is no sign of RI at all. If you have anymore questions email me or give me a call at 719 440 2692. Thanks. I have also attached some pics as requested. Thanks again for the help.

James Robinson

This is the one I got back.

Unfortunately a 10 gallon setup and the plastic container with heat mat is not a proper setup for this animal. How were you able to check temps? Because you are one of our customers though the time has elapsed on the live arrival guarantee portion I would be happy to offer you another animal at a discounted price. Feel free to call me or email back with any questions. Thank you.

--
Ryan B.
Underground Reptiles
Phone: 954-428-8005
Web: http://undergroundreptiles.com

And the response I sent back to him.

Good after noon,

Both of those cages were temporary. I just wanted to be able to have a close eye on what he was doing. I uses 2 sets of thermometers and hydrometers plus have a temp gun on me at all times. Trust the temp gun more than anything though.

Thanks again
James Robinson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!