Dragons tail tip died - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
CassieK
Dragons tail tip died

I am very confused as to how this happend his tail had just resently shed after which i soaked him for half an hour to make sure that there was no left over shed. Today I noticed while feeding him that about a half inch of the end of his tail is black and stiff. I made sure there was no shed left im very confused as to what has caused these. Idea and suggestions would be very muchly appriciated.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Tere Salazar
That will sometimes happen if they get nipped or a stuck shed. It only takes a tiny nip to make it shrivel and fall off. You did say he's pretty young, right? It could also have gotten smashed or pinched in something, like a cage door, under a basking rock, something like that.

Just keep an eye on it, and if it does fall off, make sure it doesn't become infected or anything like that. His tail will not grow back, but he will do just fine without a little piece of it!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
CassieK
He is about 4 months old and the only one we have. I soaked him again and some shed that i must have missed came off. So im thinking its stuck on shed thats the culprit. there is still more on there but he got tired of me playing with his tail so I will wait till later to try soaking him again. Thanks for your help again.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Tere Salazar
Is there a little ring around his tail where the shed got too tight? You can try putting a tiny bit of Neosporin on the tip of his tail, and it will help the stuck part come off a little more quickly, as well as keep any raw areas from getting infected.

You're more than welcome. And again, just keep an eye on it, but he should be just fine!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!