Supply/Demand - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
TrpnBils
Supply/Demand

I've been doing some reading lately. Are baby RTBs (Colombians, for example) fairly easy to get rid of or do you breeders end up getting stuck with a bunch of them every year?

I'm new to boas and I'm not considering a breeding project in the near future, but I'd like to eventually once my female is big enough, so there's no real rush to this question, I'm just curious

Old 10-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
Junkyard
Along with supply and demand, a lot also depends on your price. I sell for pretty cheap so they go fast. With every ad I place I usually get about 4-5 responses that day. If you are not looking to sell for much money, pet stores will buy them from you also.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:05 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
They move

pretty quickly if the price is right. Around here if you sell nice colombians for $60 at shows in the spring, you will sell pretty fast. Petshops like to pay $40-$45ea. in this area.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
old guy
Ah yes ! Supply and demand

is the driving force of anything . RIGHT ? Depends on if you are trying to recoup a little money for your time and trouble also with feeding and utilities of keeping ? The market can go up and down unless it is a spectacular or basically one of a kind in which doesn't stay long as a one of a kind when other people see the $$$$ signs and they start to acquire or breed. Some people ( like myself ) see that if the price of a species hit low or the market becomes saturated ( and face it people, this hobby goes that way ) there is the choice of breeding or not and or face the problem with a ridiculous price of the animal almost being in the term of the throw away pet syndrome. Sorry about my ramblings in such matters.........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!