How it started! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #1
davidsimon6
How it started!

So many moons ago I was a child Growing up in hot Houston.
In Houston, the civil engineers created a Texas size idea if water drainage systems. " Bayous" and one summer in 1995 I was six years old and got on my bike with my dog and I wasn't really looking for it but came across one if these ditches one day. Me being small, and curious I jump off my bike and took a look.
I remember seeing fish and alot if water bugs. It was hot so took a brake and just sat there next to the small 2 foot wide stream. As I was sitting there, I noticed a freaking green and red head peeking out of the plants in the water.
I have never seem anything like that so I became excited and stood up. I Tryed to get closer but the little head dipped under the water. I waited a bit and a few feet away where the plants stopped growing I couldn't believe that I was seeing a turtle in the wild swimming. He was about 7" so I figured I could catch him.
I had my school cloths on buy I didn't care. I jumped in the water as my dog stood watch. The water was about 2 feet deep and pretty safe for the most part. I Tryed to hurry and get closer. I had to be smart and not move to where the little guy could see me. I got closer and closer and I put my hands under the surface of the water and places both hands around the shell.
Once I got a good grip I pulled him out and got myself out the water.

After looking him over I figured out that it was some type of water turtle and that I must give him a home lol.

It's been years since I picked up that little red ear slider, but I've been into reptiles ever since.

Ill be 75 years old in the mud.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
davidsimon6
Excuse my spelling, I made this thread in my car. Lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!