Cherry head red footed tortoise info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
SapphireGemReptiles
Cherry head red footed tortoise info

Hello I am getting intrested in cherry red footed tortoises and would like to know of any breeders, I also would like to know if there are any differences in care from the regular sized red foot. Any and all help is appreciated.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:58 AM   #2
nickolasanastasiou
No significant differences in care in my experience.

There are several excellent cherryhead breeders. One way to look for some of them is to do a search of the Turtles/Tortoises classifieds section.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=54

At this time of year, cherryhead hatchling inventory tends to be lower than in the late summer, but you can contact various vendors to see if they have any current stock or you can ask particular breeders when they expect their next crops of hatchlings. Cross-referencing the parties you are interested in with a BOI search (or properly formatted inquiry thread) would be a prudent move as you draw nearer to making a determination.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:09 PM   #3
SapphireGemReptiles
Thank you so much for the information it is appreciated!

Old 01-04-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
Lighting another candle is my pleasure.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #5
SapphireGemReptiles
by chance is there more information or books besides "Red-footed tortoises in captivity" by Amanda Ebenhack that are up to date and are the care of cherry heads the same as the other red foot kinds out there?, i am trying to find information before i actually get the animals so they are well taken care of.

Old 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #6
nickolasanastasiou
I do not really utilize books for care advice since I consider my care ever-evolving and not confined to anyone else's style or theme. That said, South American Tortoises by the Vinke and Vetter pairs is an interesting and worthwhile addition to anyone's chelonian reading resources for the overall information it has across a number of domains relating to the Chelonoidis genus.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!