Bad Guy jsoldier1(Joseph jenkins) NEW Thread - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
kmrkvicka
I honestly think over $75, this was your mistake. Even though it was your 3 year old daughter, you lost HIS end of the trade AFTER you had his end. I would have sent him the red anyway, and taken the loss. It's customer service. At one point, I had a trade set for 6 red group boas (2.4 group) for a coral albino female. It was my last female available, and upon reprobing, determined it was a male. I'd already received the animals from the other party, so I offered the male and cash, and he wasn't interested. You know what I did? I sent him my NEW coral SUNGLOW female I'd just purchased from someone else, worth 2 times what the one he'd traded for was worth, as it was the right thing to do...

So, really... a bad guy thread over $75 for YOUR mistake...

Old 05-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
zzilikebudzz
I would have done that if I could have afforded it. That's why I just gave him a really good deal on it. $75 for a Tame well established B&W is a steal. I could have got double that if not more easily.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
I honestly think over $75, this was your mistake. Even though it was your 3 year old daughter, you lost HIS end of the trade AFTER you had his end. I would have sent him the red anyway, and taken the loss. It's customer service. At one point, I had a trade set for 6 red group boas (2.4 group) for a coral albino female. It was my last female available, and upon reprobing, determined it was a male. I'd already received the animals from the other party, so I offered the male and cash, and he wasn't interested. You know what I did? I sent him my NEW coral SUNGLOW female I'd just purchased from someone else, worth 2 times what the one he'd traded for was worth, as it was the right thing to do...

Not everyone thinks that way unfortunately Katie. But, thats why I label you my hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzilikebudzz View Post
I would have done that if I could have afforded it. That's why I just gave him a really good deal on it. $75 for a Tame well established B&W is a steal. I could have got double that if not more easily.
Tim, one question that I do have is why didnt you just send him his snake back to him with a little money to pay for the shipping being that he was out money for shipping in the first place?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
zzilikebudzz
I offered to send them back and I would pay him half of his shipping cost back. I just want to get this over with. I offered to send them back to him when the one escaped. I gave him three options he wanted to buy the other one. That was his choice.I would have paid the full cost back to him then, but now I'm out a lot more money from shipping to him already. So I figure we could split it. Lose, Lose but fair.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzilikebudzz View Post
I offered to send them back and I would pay him half of his shipping cost back. I just want to get this over with. I offered to send them back to him when the one escaped. I gave him three options he wanted to buy the other one. That was his choice.I would have paid the full cost back to him then, but now I'm out a lot more money from shipping to him already. So I figure we could split it. Lose, Lose but fair.
Makes sense. I just wanted clarification is all.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #16
joseydiann
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post

I think I might agree here, this was well said..

It's not his fault your child lost the tegu AFTER he sent his snakes to you, HE may not have alot of money AND I'm sure he was not expecting to have to come up with $75 for you and also another $21 for extra shipping!! if you don't have it you just don't have it.

I would also have to agree about taking the loss and calling it even. It's good customer service and looks better for your business..

Not worth making him out to be a "bad guy" and starting 2 threads on him.

I am still waiting on my 5 corns to be shipped which I have a feeling will be put on hold again, because WHEN he does get money he might be paying you the $96?? But we will see I guess..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
joseydiann
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Tim, one question that I do have is why didnt you just send him his snake back to him with a little money to pay for the shipping being that he was out money for shipping in the first place?
Yeah, that's another one of my questions lol..?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
joseydiann
I guess I am lost. Send him "half" of his shipping money back? It's not his fault you lost a tegu after you had his snakes and he lost money on shipping.

Ol' well, hope you guys get it worked out.

Will let you guys know if he send my 5 adult corns..

Old 05-10-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
zzilikebudzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
Yeah, that's another one of my questions lol..?
If you read my email and my response to him. I offered that to him and he said said he wanted both. I can post the other emails where he said he wanted to trade the snakes for just a red. I offered the pair or one red. SO, when this happened gave him three offers. One being his snakes back and the other being a great deal on a B&W tegu. He took the deal. You know I could have sold it easily for more than twice that. That's the best offer I could make in my situation.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #20
zzilikebudzz
I would have refunded the total amount in the beginning. Now I am out shipping also. So, I figured we would just split the difference. I even offered to go ahead and pay the whole amount and at this point I will if he wants to trade straight back. He has yet to contact me today about the matter at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseydiann View Post
I guess I am lost. Send him "half" of his shipping money back? It's not his fault you lost a tegu after you had his snakes and he lost money on shipping.

Ol' well, hope you guys get it worked out.

Will let you guys know if he send my 5 adult corns..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!