Dan Scolaro = Good Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:20 AM   #1
snakegetters
Dan Scolaro = Good Guy

I am very pleased with my dealings with Dan Scolaro. He has been conscientious about making his payments on the snakes that he recieved on trust from me, and even more importantly he is taking good care of them and sending me updates on how they are doing.

I have a pretty short list of people I will give, trade or sell any snakes to, and Dan is definitely on it. I felt more comfortable handing Dan my snakes and letting him send money over time than selling them outright to people who had more cash up front and less sincere interest in giving them a good permanent home with quality care. So that's what I did, and I'm not a bit sorry.

Some other good guys who have taken some of my personal animals and some of the rescued snakes from www.snakegetters.com/demo/mamba are Bobby Neal and Rob Carmichael. Thanks to all of you for your efforts.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
brucestephenson
I enjoy Dan Scolaro's posts here on Fauna Classifieds and the BOI. Dan is an excellent writer. Dan also has the most courage in the face of gang beat-downs that I have ever seen here on the BOI. That is why I asked Webslave/Rich to give Dan my $25.00 membership, when I upgraded to Endowment Level Membership.

Since Dan Scolaro was Ben Seigel's employee for a while, and Ben has stated here that Dan was a good employee, I am inclined to trust Dan even though I have never bought or sold to Dan personally. Book em Danno, murder one! And please remember your commas and paragraphs.

Old 02-26-2005, 07:38 AM   #3
cthulhu77
Agreed...keeping his head up the way he has takes some cajones...good guy !
greg

Old 03-01-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
lanceheads
I don't know Dan, but

Bobby Neal is a straight-up guy!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #5
turtlepimp
I will say this from personal experience.Dan is a straight up guy.I have dealt with him in the past and have nothing bad to say about him.His collection is second to none,so if he ever decides to part with anything you want,I highly recommend purchasing from him.He knows his stuff.

Andy Sury

Old 06-01-2006, 10:39 AM   #6
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Just want to add to the positive comments. I bought a very pretty mail-order (via Fed-ex) bride for my black rough neck monitor from Dan this week. She came in yesterday and she is just as pretty (no scars) as Dan described. I'm very pleased~ thanks Dan!

Old 02-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #7
Uroboros
I just purchased an ETB from Dan. He advertised it for $500. He told me on the phone that it was a little thin, why don't I just give him $100 for it and make him an offer after I've worked with it for a little while.

Who the heck does that these days? Basically, he sold me an ETB for $100 plus shipping. I'm going to give him more for it after it clears the standard new-snake-vet-check.

I'd totally do business with him again.

Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
yoyoing
My few transactions were very positive experiences. I would have no problem going back.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 AM   #9
Uroboros
Vet check came through fine, a little thin, eats fine. I sent the rest of a fair market price and I'll definitely go back when I'm looking for my next fix.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #10
COBRAMAN
I'd have to agree with everyone here. Dan is one of the tops on my list.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!