Who has seen the vibrating food dish?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
Wolfy-hound
Who has seen the vibrating food dish??

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIVICATOR-REMOTE...QQcmdZViewItem

Never heard of it.. lol. I could picture my lizards sitting on it constantly. Their own vibrating bed.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
varnyard
Theresa, I had some of them one time, I did not see that they were useful. I could not get the baby tegus or beardies anywhere near them.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
Wolfy-hound
I don't blame them!! I think a vibrating food dish is aversion therapy for food! Poor things, although it's a clever idea, probaly thought up by a non-reptile person.
Theresa

Old 02-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Tim Cole
There is

no substitution for gut-loaded live food!

Old 02-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #5
nothing furry
I have one, It was given to me when I bought my dragons.IT SUCKS. now I...well my dragons use is as a basking spot. Im glad I did'nt spend any money on that.

Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
deborahbroadus
Perhaps those vibrating dishes could be used instead of tongs on f/t prey for snakes? The vibrating may give the appearance of the animal being alive? Has this been tried?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #7
Tim Cole
Alive is not required,

but smelling like a rodent for my snakes is all that's needed.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #8
deborahbroadus
Ahhh, that's great!

I wondered because I have come across so many posts that are asking for help because their snake isn't eating and since I know that waving tongs (being present) is also stressful to the snake..this may be one idea where it's possible to train the snake to eat the food after it's laid down and thus eliminate the "middle" man! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!