Bad Guy Shannon Craft aka Crazysnakelady ripped half my collection off - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #1
vodkadreamzzz
Shannon Craft aka Crazysnakelady ripped half my collection off

My name is Sarah Gregory. Last December my boyfriend and I broke up and I had to move back to Oklahoma. At the time I had around 75 adult snakes, and approx 20 or so hatchlings which I sold all I could at the Manasses VA show. At the time my plans were to go overseas for contracting. I was to pack up my vehicle and move. Shannon offered to care for what animals she could for the time being. which were:
1.1 bp (1 male spotnose)
0.0.1 Biak GTP
0.1 Irian Jaya Carpet
2.3 ATB
1.3 Sub & Adult Candoia
2.4 Baby Candoia

total 19 snakes, 3 poss gravid so they were off eating.
weekly feeding: 8 pinks/fuzzies, 8-10 adult mice, 3 small rats

I left her with 50$ cash, a green tree baby to sell and my old boss from the rodent farm offered to start a running tab for me to pay when I had the chance too. Now an atb had an slight URI, she took it to the vet and had it checked out of pocket. (which was about 100$)which later she sold the GTP to pay for the bill. (fine by me, i told her to sell a few animals to help reimburst her at the time)

So when I got back to OK, I had a hard time finding a job (it wasnt till FEB I finally found one) I was living with my mom, no cell phone, and I occasionally picked up the net with my brothers laptop. S0 not much communication went between shannon and I. When I did get a job, I recalled an occasion in early feb. that I called from a friends phone, no answer on shannons end and I left a message saying I had some money to send please give me your address. No reply, several weeks later I started getting email messages from shannon telling me she felt taken advantage of etc etc... I had replied with less than friendly remarks with what I had done for her in the past. And that I had been put into a tough position as well. Withing that year I had giving her about 1200$ worth of animals alone that I had produced or traded for at shows just out of being a friend. (ie eyelash viper, atbs, st isabell ground boas, etc) she even the option of having a tab started, I understand she had a lot of stress going on at the time (bum roomate, etc etc) and she needed a little load off of her back. Her boyfriend even has a rodent breeding operation.

SO I told her I had met up with a local breeder who offered to take a trip out when we were planning on making a delivery in NC. that fell through, then we came up with a plan that friend in NC (a breeder) was going to come pick up the animals when he got some time from juggling 3 buisnesses. She had a snake of his in her possesion as well. this was approx march or so when we came up with the plan. He finally gave me a date which was april 12th to come to her home and pick up the animals. She agreed, however early on in the week she changed her mind and decided not to even give him his animals, my animals let along the caging, supplies etc. her reasoning for all of this was "she was done" it was only about 4 months into the deal she burned me. I lost
1.1 bp
0.0.1 Biak GTP
0.1 Irian Jaya Carpet
2.3 ATB
1.3 Sub & Adult Candoia
2.4 Baby Candoia

4 Exo Terra Cages (large style)
4 Vision Cages
1 4ft neodesha
1 4ft boaphile
Misc. Items (extension cords, water bowls, hides, thermostats, etc)a lot of new items

which equals about 4000-5000$

Some of this falls on my bad, poor communication, lack of funds, but the options were there. If the money was there I would have hooked her up with more then enuogh to make her happy. But it wasnt about the money, I am not sure what it was about, Once again her bf the rodent breeder, and my old boss botht there to help her. There is no reason there to keep someones property, let alone a friends. I would do the same for anyone of my friends without question. Especially one who had given me so much outside of a great friendship. I would have made it work. Its now September, this has been eating away at me for some time. Especially when I am seeing my caging and animals posted online with her animals in my cages, and my animals being claimed as hers. When all of this went down in April, I did ask for just my caging back and some of the supplies back(mainly the visions, we know they arent cheap, I offered to have them groudn shiped frieght my bf is in the buisness) and she even refused that.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
DAND
Has she been made aware of this thread?

Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #3
LauraB
Was any of this "deal" made and agreed to in writing?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
Junkyard
Take her to a small claims court.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
Slipmattic
This dosnt sound like something Shannon would do, but apparantley has. If you do go to small claims court, you need proof of ownership of the snake, and all enclosures. Also i would notify Shannon of this thread, and the accusations that are being claimed...

Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #6
atblover
You can say what you want Sarah. I know the truth and that is what matters to me. I know times are tough but they weren't exactly easy for me either, and you seemed to have no problems feeding and caring for your own snakes, so was it really that hard to send $20 a month to help out? And it was 2 ATBs that had RI, thank you. You may have given me some animals but does that really make up for what I did for you? We did a lot for each other and yes, you did take full advantage of the situation. You didn't keep up your end of the deal. You had said numerous times you were going to come get them, and I even offered for them to go at no charge (for feeding, general care, etc.) and that didn't happen. You couldn't come in the time I allotted. I spoke with my attorney (so yeah, you guys can forget the small claims court crap) and he advised me to give you 10 days. You didn't come get them, so that was it. I couldn't do it anymore. I know a lot of people who have been in the same situation and they have done the same thing. I don't regret what I did, but I do regret agreeing to care for them. What's done is done, so if you want to let it go that would be great. I know of a lot of things you have done to others, but I won't mention that because it's not my place. Why don't you just let it go? People who know me know this was not my intention, but I was over it. I don't appreciate the threats and childish name calling. Grow up.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #7
atblover
Also, I no longer have ANY of your animals (I will give you the names of those who do if you're interested) or your cages. Get over it. I barely have anything left. I even had to sell some of my animals to pay to help care for yours. You knew I was in the process of buying my home. You were living at home. Maybe no job, but also no rent, or any other expense. You didn't care. And all you care about now is trying to bash my name. That's fine, whatever helps you sleep at night. Why didn't you just borrow another 1k from that Ray guy and pay to have your animals shipped back to you? I gladly would have done that since the original plan was for you to go overseas. You didn't go. I know it's not easy to find a job, but it's not that hard. You are ridiculous. I don't have to explain what you've done to others. You've made a bad enough name for yourself already. You're not welcome back here.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by atblover View Post
I spoke with my attorney (so yeah, you guys can forget the small claims court crap) and he advised me to give you 10 days. You didn't come get them, so that was it.
That's not exactly legal to do, and I don't think any good attorney would have advised you of that. A good attorney would never have advised a client to take the law into their own hands. A good attorney would have advised you to allow his office to send an attorneys letter by certified mail - demanding a response within a certain time frame - or else.

In general...once you accept a person property - to care for, store or otherwise - you pretty much assume full responsibility for it. There are legal ways to get out from under those responsibilities should the other person not live up to their end of the obligation. Now whatever those obligations are do not really seem to be clearly defined or outlined - in writing - and signed off by both parties.

So, your suggestion that she cannot take you to small claims court is CRAPOLA. She can and she could probably win in a snap. In fact, those folks who even have her property right now (that you either sold to or gave to) could be considered to be in possession of stolen property and you in dealing stolen property. That's the extreme my dear. You did not handle this the right way and you could be in a bit of trouble right now.

If your bluffing about talking to an attorney, you might really want to talk to one now.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
atblover
She accepted the 10 day notice, and if I had her address I would have done it by certified mail. I work in a law firm. I would not lie about speaking with my attorney. If he advised me of doing something wrong, that sucks, but that's what he told me to do. I wish this was different but it's not. I was being taken advantage of and I couldn't take it anymore. If she wants to try to pursue this in court, that's fine. This was back in March. If she wanted to do something she should have done it by now. If I cared about the money I would have done something about it, too. She didn't keep up her end of the deal. I wish I had all of this in writing. It would be extremely helpful.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
EA7770
My question is this...if the value of the animals and caging were $4-5,000, and you sold most or all of them, wouldn't it be only fair to keep the money to cover the expenses incurred and return the rest of the money to her? Certainly it didn't cost you that much money to care for those snakes for that amount of time. Seems like that would be the ethical way to go about it anyways. Sounds like there's some underlying stuff going on that's not being said though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!