Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #91
shrap
Harald, two things here.

First, anyone that has shipped on anything even remotely close to a regular basis knows shipping delays happen with every shipping company out there. It is an unfortunate aspect of the industry and is to be expected from time to time. I would have to say that 99% of shipments arrive on time. To ask 100% perfection from anyone or anything is being absolutely unreasonable.

Second, how can you even begin to compare myriad of issues that people had with Repster and a late package with SYR? They aint even close or are even the same type of issues.

The reason people are not jumping down SYRs throat is because there is nothing happening here to warrant it. It is completely unjust It has nothing to do with their reputation or a "magic shield". Trust me, I dont care if it is Mother Teresa, if she screwed up I would call her on it.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #92
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post
It could still have been included in the price of the dragons.
What I understood was that Ed was buying some beardies from somebody, and recommended his client use SYR to get the beardies to him since it would be easy and cheap for the client.

It would help us if Ed would be more specific and include details about what happened, but I dont see how attacking his business ethics really helps anything either.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #93
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
What I understood was that Ed was buying some beardies from somebody, and recommended his client use SYR to get the beardies to him since it would be easy and cheap for the client.
Um no - the seller chose SYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
It would help us if Ed would be more specific and include details about what happened, but I dont see how attacking his business ethics really helps anything either.
You must be new here - Ed is kind of known for this kind of stuff.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #94
hhmoore
Sammy,
There were plenty of similar comments about Reptster, too - packages that were refused, or arrived late. Shipping delays absolutely happen, never said they didn't...I also don't believe that I've spoken negatively about SYR. I just don't agree with separating them out from basic criticisms, while including them with the corresponding compliments.

I also pointed out that SYR didn't DO anything wrong, and that the Bad Guy label wasn't merited - heck, from what I have seen, their response to the "hiccups" has usually been spot on.

Old 09-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #95
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Sammy,
There were plenty of similar comments about Reptster, too - packages that were refused, or arrived late. Shipping delays absolutely happen, never said they didn't...I also don't believe that I've spoken negatively about SYR. I just don't agree with separating them out from basic criticisms, while including them with the corresponding compliments.

I also pointed out that SYR didn't DO anything wrong, and that the Bad Guy label wasn't merited - heck, from what I have seen, their response to the "hiccups" has usually been spot on.
QFE

Old 09-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #96
MiamiExotics
SYR is not a SHIPPER. The shipper is UPS. If UPS fails to deliver on time, its UPS's fault. SYR to my knowledge is just a website that ALLOWS you to ship reptiles via UPS. They get a volume discount and make money by charging a little more then there discount. In other words, how can you blame them, when they are not even the shipper? SYR is basically a airwaybill and nothing more. They made it easy to ship reptiles for the regular joe.
If UPS delivers a package late, SYR gets refunded, and then so they refund you.
THEY ARE NOT A SHIPPER but a "pak-mail" type business. They just do all the work so you don;/t There is no control over if a package is late. They cannot move the clouds or fix the planes or evenhavea say in it. They just get there refund, and give you yours.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #97
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Harald, two things here.

First, anyone that has shipped on anything even remotely close to a regular basis knows shipping delays happen with every shipping company out there. It is an unfortunate aspect of the industry and is to be expected from time to time. I would have to say that 99% of shipments arrive on time. To ask 100% perfection from anyone or anything is being absolutely unreasonable.

Second, how can you even begin to compare myriad of issues that people had with Repster and a late package with SYR? They aint even close or are even the same type of issues.

The reason people are not jumping down SYRs throat is because there is nothing happening here to warrant it. It is completely unjust It has nothing to do with their reputation or a "magic shield". Trust me, I dont care if it is Mother Teresa, if she screwed up I would call her on it.
There goes Sammy again with an insightful, well-reasoned and accurate post...it's no fun bashing SYR when we have to deal with facts and actualities.

As it's been said this has really (to competent readers) turned into a [Good Guy] post. Now I know that if I have shipping problems/mistakes, as invariably happens when dealing with homo sapiens sapiens, I can expect a refund from SYR, no problem.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #98
Mike Schultz
I hardly think differing opinions on the responsibilities of a shipping middleman constitute something like this:

Old 09-20-2009, 03:25 PM   #99
Junkyard
Since Eddy Boy has run off without providing much information (again), I may be wrong. From what I was reading Eddy was the seller.

Hey Eddy,

What was the point of starting this thread if you are not going to follow up and answer questions?

Old 09-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #100
ForkedTung
Quote:
At the suggestion of someone else I allowed them to ship Shipyourreptiles.com I paid for overnite/next day red label service.
OK, There seems to still be confusion on who was the buyer and who was the seller.
It looks to me like ED was the buyer see the "I allowed them to ship" and the seller (unknown) convinced ED to allow the seller to use SYR, so Ed did and paid for the red label service... it was late, he was refunded and this unnecessary thread was the result. make sense?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr