Bad Guy Bad experience with Shipyourreptiles.com - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 AM   #31
shrap
Perfect example is ammunition. AKA bullets. The general public is not allowed to send explosives/flammables via UPS, FEDEX, etc per their terms of service. But there are countless guns and ammo companies that can. Per a special contract between the shipping companies and the ammo companies.

It is not any different when it comes to reptiles. It basically boils down to how much money your company is going to make their company. If they dont feel the risk is worth the reward they will turn you down.

Hope that makes a little more sense than my last post.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 AM   #32
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
I disagree, as the point ISThe animals arrived ALIVE.
You saying you or Ed never had been delayed, be it, scheduled flight, taxi, traffic problems while on the way to work? etc.?
Ed would be LIVID if the animals arrived DEAD! You have any idea what ED would have posted if that happened???

Ed should write this off and be happy everybody arrived alive.

Randal Berry
Are you saying that no one should be held accountable for delays in shipping??? I am not talking about not being able to get the animals to the store soon enough, I am talking about animals sitting in boxes for longer than the guaranteed period. The only thing that Ed can be mad about is the delay! When SYR refunded the shipping charges b/c of the delay the problem is resolved. I have had delays, as almost everyone that buys/sells reptiles online has had. In those instances I either refunded the money to the buyer or expected a refund from the seller for the shipping charges. After all a guarantee is a guarantee, right?

Old 09-18-2009, 01:38 AM   #33
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Are you saying that no one should be held accountable for delays in shipping???
I do believe the man is saying that shipping delays are inevitable in this industry and that trying to make someone out to be a Bad Guy for a shipping delay is slimy at best.

Old 09-18-2009, 01:52 AM   #34
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
I do believe the man is saying that shipping delays are inevitable in this industry and that trying to make someone out to be a Bad Guy for a shipping delay is slimy at best.

I completely agree with that. This thread should have NEVER been started, especially after SYR did what I would have expected and done myself and refunded the money. I also agree that this is at worst a good guy thread about SYR refunding money after a delay in shipping.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #35
Captive Bred Excellence
Shipping snakes with UPS

I have to agree, this should not have been a "bad guy" thread towords "Shipyourreptiles" but a "good guy" thread for returning the money. I got on a rant cause shipping is one of my "peeves".

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 09-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #36
WingedWolf
It just doesn't make sense. UPS delays a package, so SYR is at fault? How? SYR refunds the shipping cost and makes it good, and the animals are ok. How is SYR a bad guy?

Some dimwit sends out a totally unmarked package using SYR. How is SYR to blame? SYR told them NOT TO DO IT. It's right there on their website, and they make you check an extra box to agree that you followed their guidelines. Packages MUST be marked as containing live animals. NOT doing it that way is against SYR's guidelines, UPS's guidelines, AND FEDERAL LAW. The person who shipped that way is the bad guy--not SYR.

To fix THAT issue we need to crack down on people who ship reptiles illegally and clandestinely. SYR never said not to make the contents list of the box available--there is a UPS shipping envelope you can attach to the top of your box. You can put the species name and number in that envelope, and comply with Federal law without advertising the contents to anyone who doesn't go looking for them. But you MUST mark on the outside that the box contains live animals!

I mark the species on the OUTSIDE of the box, in plain sight. I add a little note that UPS has an agreement with SYR to allow the animals to be shipped. I have had 0 problems. Nothing delayed, nothing left in the sun, nothing rejected.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #37
Dogboa
Hey Folks,
Just to clarify, I believe you have three choices to most areas for UPS overnight shipping (red label). There is standard over night, which I believe is by 3:00 pm, over night by 10:30 am and first over night by 8:30 am. Of coarse, each has its own rates.

Craig

Old 09-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #38
TripleMoonsExotic
I am of the opinion that SYR does have to hold some responsibility for problems. They are the ones that chose UPS for the program. They are the ones who state you can ship snakes against company policy. I have never seen so many complaints against FedEx as I see with UPS service (heck, my UPS driver is a bonehead and consistently delivers to the 2nd floor or my next door neighbors). I have never had a single problem with shipping, until I tried UPS.

I did decide to leave the selection of FedEx or UPS up to the customer. Options are always good. However, due to the multiple issues I have had with UPS, I won't guarantee the animals if their are any problems for which UPS is at fault. This is posted on my Terms and the buyer has to accept that responsibility if they choose UPS/SYR.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #39
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap View Post
Perfect example is ammunition. AKA bullets. The general public is not allowed to send explosives/flammables via UPS, FEDEX, etc per their terms of service. But there are countless guns and ammo companies that can. Per a special contract between the shipping companies and the ammo companies.

It is not any different when it comes to reptiles. It basically boils down to how much money your company is going to make their company. If they dont feel the risk is worth the reward they will turn you down.

Hope that makes a little more sense than my last post.
Yes, that makes perfect sense now. Thank you.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #40
Laura Fopiano
I use SYR and I love them!

When filling out the online form there is a place to put what is in the box. Also responsible shippers will write the contents of the package on the out side of the box. Bryon and I always write the name of the species we are shipping on the box.

Sorry your one and only time didn't go well Ed. I am curious though, why would you use another service over the one that you have been using for years?

Have you notified Robyn of this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
shipyourreptiles, syr