Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 55 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2015, 10:26 PM   #541
Helenthereef
Looking great, obviously last years well-documented lessons were well learned. Harper is very dramatic!

Old 12-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #542
GillianC
Definitely dramatic:

Yeah this guy has been super easy to work with, honestly, since converting to pinkies. Chris's notes have been really helpful.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #543
cguarino30
very pretty. Thanks for the update. Lots of black, like mama. I especially like the city black that's coming in on the top of the head. Very reminiscent of the dam. I should be ready to start sexing some of the new babies in the next month or two. We'll be in touch.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:59 PM   #544
cguarino30
it has been a while since I did an update, but I wanted to throw out there that last night I gave all of the new babies a chickthigh and a thigh scented pinky, and half of them ate both. Definitely an improvement from last year's first attempt. Haha. I've also noticed a bit of a drop off in the yearlings' appetites. They are mostly eating, but they are skipping meals here or there, definitely more than they did over the summer or during their first year.

Old 01-16-2016, 01:02 AM   #545
cguarino30
Another general feeding update: all of the non-keepers from this year's litter have graduated to lightly scented pinkies (f/t pinkies swirled around in a cup with chick thighs) after only one or two transitional feedings with both a scented pinkie and a thigh. Clearly, the more robust health of these guys has made pretty much everything a little easier this year. I'll start offering unscented soon and see what happens.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:41 PM   #546
Snakesitter
Good news!

BTW, did you ever track down any of the remaining missing?

Old 01-17-2016, 05:56 AM   #547
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Good news!

BTW, did you ever track down any of the remaining missing?
2 of them were never found, but that's a pretty good recovery rate all things considered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!