about siklback and their husbandry - Page 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:42 AM   #391
whiskersmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
You all also are going on the premise that Vickie wont come up with some reason to breed them anyway even if Denise does show her results.

But I will tell you all what. I am getting a small breeding colony from Bert Langerwerf here in the next month or two and I will have them tested and I will happily post the results. And I have never had a Bearded Dragon in my home so there is no chance for any cross contamination. They will be coming to a more or less sterile environment. Well, as sterile as it gets with having kids.
Yes, we are and maybe that is naive, but I still take people at their word. Maybe I DO need to grow up.

That's wonderful news. I know Berts dragons are not from the U.S. and hasn't been inbred so these are going to be some awsomely healthy dragons.......I'm so excited over this!!!!! I think you'll be a fantastic beardie breeder!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:50 AM   #392
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Let's get one thing straight Jamie before you are trying to pick on me again. Never did I say that we cannot ask for test results from anyone. I just said it takes time to get everything together. Of course, we all have a right to see it. All I did say was Denise has never lied about anything & has been upfront with everything which is more than I can say about Vickie.
Yes, it is MY business what Vickie decides to do with a bearded dragon IF IT is going to affect the rest of them, yes, it is MY business. You need to stop trying to follow in her footsteps, Jamie, because if you have not noticed, she does not have that great of a reputation anymore.
Ethics go a long way in any business. So, I suggest that you make a stand for what you think is right, not what you think someone else thinks is right. Make decisions for yourself & quit depending on someone else to make them for you.
Yeah, true, I am not all that convinced that even when Denise posts her results that Vickie wont go ahead & breed anyway. I totally agree! I guess I am nieve too, as I try to envision the best in people until they give me a reason not to.
On a better note, great Shrap! I am sure those dragons are going to look great. Super. Let us know how they turn out for sure.

Tracie

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #393
whiskersmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
i will be blunt (big surprise huh? ) it's no secret that there are 2 sides here.it's also very obvious that i am on the opposite side of vickie,mikey,valley,ect..... BUT i do have to say that no one is rushing anything along.everyone has been very patient.its been 2 weeks where there hasnt been a word on this thread, waiting for denise to post the results.back on pg 47 vickie put a deal on the table and denise agreed.i did not witness anyone pressuring anybody.the silence has been deafening and there are alot of things left hanging.im just stating the facts.
Yeah, it sure surprised me....stepping out of character, eh? lol

I understand exactly what you are saying and I too, would like to see this put to rest. It really hasn't just been two weeks that we've been all wondering and waiting for this but since the BOI thread and when Tere had posted that she was testing positives...so it's been a while that we've all wanted confirmation that there is a test out there other then having to go thru Jacobsons lab and that there is a possible negative colony. This is something we need to know.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:55 AM   #394
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

Let's get one thing straight Jamie before you are trying to pick on me again. Never did I say that we cannot ask for test results from anyone. I just said it takes time to get everything together. Of course, we all have a right to see it. All I did say was Denise has never lied about anything & has been upfront with everything which is more than I can say about Vickie.
Yes, it is MY business what Vickie decides to do with a bearded dragon IF IT is going to affect the rest of them, yes, it is MY business. You need to stop trying to follow in her footsteps, Jamie, because if you have not noticed, she does not have that great of a reputation anymore.
Ethics go a long way in any business. So, I suggest that you make a stand for what you think is right, not what you think someone else thinks is right. Make decisions for yourself & quit depending on someone else to make them for you.
Yeah, true, I am not all that convinced that even when Denise posts her results that Vickie wont go ahead & breed anyway. I totally agree! I guess I am nieve too, as I try to envision the best in people until they give me a reason not to.
On a better note, great Shrap! I am sure those dragons are going to look great. Super. Let us know how they turn out for sure.

Tracie
great post

Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #395
puppytoes72
btw,congrats shrap!

Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #396
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
Yes, we are and maybe that is naive, but I still take people at their word. Maybe I DO need to grow up.
I take people at their word who have earned it. Everyone else is subject to scrutiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskersmom
That's wonderful news. I know Berts dragons are not from the U.S. and hasn't been inbred so these are going to be some awsomely healthy dragons.......I'm so excited over this!!!!! I think you'll be a fantastic beardie breeder!
Yes my daughter (she is 12) and I are truly looking forward to it. The beardies are really her thing. I am a snake guy. She has been researching for over a year now and has the care of them down pat. I am really proud of her and how diligent she has been. But then she knew if she didnt show the commitment that she wasnt going to get them.

As far as breeding goes, yeah we will do some breeding if they are all clean (which I do believe they should be since Bert has had a closed colony for years upon years), but very small scale. If she decides she wants to do beardies on a larger scale when she is old enough to do it all by herself then I will support her 100%. But until then it will certainly be kept to a minimum. Beardies are work, I am a lazy snake guy.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #397
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

That is great though, I am sure your daughter will do great & with your support as well. I have seen pics of Bert's dragons & they do look great.
Yes, we do need some testing confirmation & am sure that we will get it. As Whiskermom said, it has not been very long at all.

Tracie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM   #398
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Thanks Michele, I do my best on here. Just trying to stand up to what I feel is right, that's all.

Tracie

Old 07-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #399
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Hello,
How is breeding silkbacks going to affect all dragons? Please explain that to me! And as far as following in Vicky's footsteps....why would you say that? Just because I agree with her on some issues? Who's to say that she isn't following in MY footsteps, lol.

Quote:
Ethics go a long way in any business. So, I suggest that you make a stand for what you think is right, not what you think someone else thinks is right. Make decisions for yourself & quit depending on someone else to make them for you. Tracie
Just because we have similar views on some subjects does not mean that I have lost my ability to think for myself, lol. I could just as easily say that you and the people who share similar views have lost the ability to think on your own...but that would not be fair, now would it?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #400
walker75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
Now that I say that I am not claiming to have negatives? Have I ever claimed to have either negatives OR positives? Have you even read anything that I have posted here or on my website? I sell knowingly healthy dragons - that is all I claim - it is all I have ever claimed. Do not ask do not tell? Are you freaking kidding me? Do YOU bother to ask, or do you just assume?

See this is the problem you claim they are healthy they may be adeno positive. You have not tested altho you said you may..

Why would you say that asking for more information about a supposed negative colony is a way to say that all dragons have adeno? That is a stupid argument.
Because you and others are claiming to be healthy nor neg or positive which is it?

Yes I have been to your site and I am not impressed and you will never get the life long research information that I have on my positive dragons as I do not feel you truly want to test for adeno if you did you would have already.

It is not all about the money for the test... you get real and quit being the drama spokes model queen test your animls and post the results

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread