Jamaican Boas Breeding - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #11
cguarino30
and some more
Attached Images

Old 08-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #12
cguarino30
Correction: 22 healthy babies, 2 stillbirths, and 5 slugs (they're pretty hard to count, haha)

Old 08-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #13
Reptile Frenzy
Goodjob Chris! Those are pretty nice!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #14
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Frenzy View Post
Goodjob Chris! Those are pretty nice!
Thanks. I'm really excited about this whole thing. This is my first successful breeding, and is at the end of several years of work.

Also, I finally got to cleaning out the birthing cage, and found 2 more healthy babies, 2 more stillborns, and 2 more slugs, bringing the total to:

24 healthy babies, 4 stillborn, and 7 slugs. Hopefully she is done birthing, because I am running short on space. haha.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #15
Reptile Frenzy
Yeah 24 babies is alot! I cant waiy to be producing brazilian rainbow boas and carpets but between just 2 of thos females we could end up with 20-40 babies compared to about 10 from 2 ball pythons! Goodluck with everything.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #16
cguarino30
Quote:
Yeah 24 babies is alot! I cant waiy to be producing brazilian rainbow boas and carpets but between just 2 of thos females we could end up with 20-40 babies compared to about 10 from 2 ball pythons! Goodluck with everything.
Thanks. I literally had to shuffle a bunch of my other animals around just to make room. If she has one more baby, I'm going to have to keep it in a Tupperware bin. Haha.

On the plus side, they have been known to give birth to up to 46 babies, so I should be grateful that there aren't quite so many. It worked out quite well, and she managed to have exactly as many as I could handle. Plus, always grateful for healthy babies. Now to get them eating and hopefully figure out what to do with them all. Haha.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #17
Reptile Frenzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguarino30 View Post
Thanks. I literally had to shuffle a bunch of my other animals around just to make room. If she has one more baby, I'm going to have to keep it in a Tupperware bin. Haha.

On the plus side, they have been known to give birth to up to 46 babies, so I should be grateful that there aren't quite so many. It worked out quite well, and she managed to have exactly as many as I could handle. Plus, always grateful for healthy babies. Now to get them eating and hopefully figure out what to do with them all. Haha.
Well im sure there is some kind of a market for them and can be sold to lighten the load minus a few holdbacks

Old 08-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #18
cguarino30
Quote:
Well im sure there is some kind of a market for them and can be sold to lighten the load minus a few holdbacks
Haha. That's the plan.

Old 08-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #19
Snakesitter
Huge congrats -- they'e gorgeous!

Old 08-20-2014, 11:43 PM   #20
cguarino30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Huge congrats -- they'e gorgeous!
Thanks. I just feel really lucky to be working with this species and hopefully helping to make them more widespread in the hobby, especially considering how much adversity they face in the wild.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!