Pic Posting Problem - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
Boidmom
Unhappy Pic Posting Problem

I used my digital camera to take photos of my young burmese python and the file is on Windows/My Pictures, it is also on the Kodak Easy Share software I've installed, and I've copied it to a CD. When I try to post an image it asks for an http address, have no idea how to create one or to find it if the file already has one, and every time I try to upload the pics as attachments it says the file is too large. This can't be this complicated! Can somebody help? She has a mark on her head that I would like an opinion on and I am getting very frustrated....

Old 09-28-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
hhmoore
Athena, I already told you you could email me the pics, lol.
BUT, so you know how to do it yourself:
The http address would be from a photo/file storage site like Photobucket or ImageEvent. If you want to just attach them, you will need to reduce the size. To do that: go into Paint (you probably have it on your computer)
Click File, then Open, then locate and select your pictures (one at a time). Once you have the photo open, click Image, then Stretch/Skew. Under the Stretch heading, you will see a place for changing the Horizontal and Vertical size. This is based on a percentage of the original - make sure you plug the same number into each, or your pic will be distorted. I use 22% for mine, but you may have to play with the numbers depending on the size of your originals.
Hope this helps!!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
Boidmom
I tried to send the pics to you at kbiherp@yahoo.com, hope you got them, am going to bed now out of frustration lol, will play with it some more tomorrow. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:39 AM   #4
hhmoore
not sure why you would pick that one, but I can access it (if I can remember the password, lol) - will post the pics by morning

Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #5
hhmoore
Hmmmm - they aren't there. I'll check back in a few hours. I also looked at your other "test" post, and I can't make that work even with some manipulation of the code you entered.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:29 AM   #6
hhmoore
Got the pics a few minutes ago (the mail must be running slow tonite). FYI, I only cut them to 50% size prior to attaching - I'm only mentioning that to save you some trial and error if you decide you wish to attach pics here in the future. Also - that spot is "normal" & will fade with time.
Attached Images

Old 10-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
Boidmom
Thank you so much!! I have been in and out this week (mostly out) and hadn't had a chance to check back...you got the ones I would have posted

Old 10-02-2006, 06:30 PM   #8
ravensgait
Go to this site www.photobucket.com open a free account then upload all you pics.. when you come to most site like this one all you need do is open the photo in your photobucket account, them right click on it, click properties then copy the url address. then come here and do this [IMG]your pictures URL[/IMG]
here is a pic from my photobucket account.

always a good idea to preview your post to make sure it works, the [IMG] [/IMG] works on most sites. hope that helps..Randy

Old 10-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #9
Boidmom
Still not working

I set up the acct. like you said, Randy, and copied the URLs onto the post but when I previewed all I got was a bunch of little white squares with red x's in them, am I doing something wrong?

Old 10-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #10
hhmoore
Athena - go ahead and post one...don't worry about the way it looks (or if it doesn't show up). I can go into your post and see what is going on and tell you what the problem is

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!