This season is a bust: Should I toss my eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
Chicagoherps
This season is a bust: Should I toss my eggs

I just returned home from a week long vacation in Cancun. Before I left I told my younger sister she could crash at my place because I have central air and it's been 100+ degrees in Chicago. Before I left I told her several times DO NOT touch anything in my reptile/spare bedroom, well he decided to unplug my incubator to charge her cell phone. Instead on plugging the flexwatt back into the thermostat she plugs it into the wall. I arrived home today with temps around 100 degrees in my incubator. They eggs don't smell but should I just toss them, the high temp while I was gone was 104 in my incubator

Old 07-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
pythonpaintjobs
Michael I would be kicking her ass!!!!!! I would wait it out and see what happens. I think temps are important, but less important than humidity. I really hope they make it for you. How many clutches did youhave in there?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
Chicagoherps
6 clutches..my last clutch came 3 days before I left for Cancun

Old 07-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
snowgyre
My general rule with eggs is that you keep 'em until they're way past their due date or they're obviously rotten. I've heard stories of people throwing away eggs only to have hatchlings crawling out of the trash a day or so later. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Chicagoherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonpaintjobs View Post
Michael I would be kicking her ass!!!!!! I would wait it out and see what happens. I think temps are important, but less important than humidity. I really hope they make it for you. How many clutches did youhave in there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
My general rule with eggs is that you keep 'em until they're way past their due date or they're obviously rotten. I've heard stories of people throwing away eggs only to have hatchlings crawling out of the trash a day or so later. It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings.

Okay thanks. They all look good exempt my last clutch. They all candled good but a couple of th are sunken in like they are almost 50 days old but they are only 10. Humidity is 95% inside the tub.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
plsbh
I'd keep them. I wasn't expecting any eggs this season so I ended up making one out of a cooler incubator and had a similar experience with someone screwing with my wiring. My temperature fluctuated very high for a while before I noticed. I had 4 eggs incubating and two went bad (they developed but their eggs became hard and didn't make it fully) was it because of that or not I do not know. But I did have the other two hatch out healthy and they are still fine a few months later.

Pray for the best, and hope all goes well. It would suck to toss them and think back on "what if"

Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
Chicagoherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by plsbh View Post
I'd keep them. I wasn't expecting any eggs this season so I ended up making one out of a cooler incubator and had a similar experience with someone screwing with my wiring. My temperature fluctuated very high for a while before I noticed. I had 4 eggs incubating and two went bad (they developed but their eggs became hard and didn't make it fully) was it because of that or not I do not know. But I did have the other two hatch out healthy and they are still fine a few months later.

Pray for the best, and hope all goes well. It would suck to toss them and think back on "what if"
Thanks, I hope i get half to hatch. I have 27 in the incubator, all look good expect two from the last clutch. We will see what hapens

Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
ReptileGeek181
I'd say keep the eggs and toss your sister lol.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post

Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #10
Double B Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileGeek181 View Post
hahahahahahahahahah yes! Well said!