Preppers , a rant - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 04-07-2020, 02:42 PM   #11
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Hi Kathleen,Thanks for asking. I spent Sunday through Thursday last week in hospital. I'm on heart, blood pressure, diuretic and potassium pills. Because of coronavirus my open heart surgery is postponed till they have firm outcome of Ohio infections. With pills I am comfortable. At least it doesn't feel like I'm drowning.

Glad to hear you are home.

Old 04-07-2020, 03:25 PM   #12
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post

Glad to hear you are home.
Thanks Melinda

Old 04-08-2020, 10:21 AM   #13
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
With pills I am comfortable. At least it doesn't feel like I'm drowning.
Glad you're home; a hospital is no place to be! I'm sure the frequent bathroom trips are annoying, but better than feeling like you're under water.

Old 04-08-2020, 11:25 AM   #14
WebSlave
Yeah, home will definitely be safer. No way in hell I want to step foot in any sort of medical facility of any kind right now. Those places are where all the sick people will be hanging out. And honestly, I don't think they have a real good handle on just how infectious this coronavirus really is.

So, stay safe, Joe. Whatever it takes.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #15
JColt
Thanks Rich. When I first went in I was taken to an isolation room that was set for negative pressure and tested for virus. For the next 18 hours I had to keep mask on and the nurse was suited up like one of those radiation suits. They would take blood pressure, temperature, hand me pills and meal in one shot. All other contact was phone only. When your sick and kinda scared not a good feeling.

Once I was cleared they put me on cardiac ward and everyone wore mask's and gloves. They used sanitizer both coming and going and changed gloves same way. All cleaning and food service employees were same way.

No one not an employee or patient was allowed in hospital. Which was hard on my wife. She brought me extra clothing and grooming products. She had to call from the pick up area and someone came outside to get. My bag was lightly sprayed with a disinfectant fog.

I have heard some horror stories about some of the other hospitals. The low income one in downtown Cleveland has limited everything from what I hear.

Old 05-02-2020, 07:03 PM   #16
WebSlave
Joe,

How have you been doing lately? Still hanging in there?

How is Ohio doing with this coronavirus thing? I believe you said your surgery was postponed until things started looking better in that department.

Old 05-02-2020, 09:58 PM   #17
JColt
Still waiting on surgery. They opened up surgery that doesn't require an overnight stay. So if you have a boil on your rear end your good to go. They are slowly opening things back up here this week. Over all not doing too bad except spurts here and there. My vision got real blurry yesterday but came back an hour later. Bored out of my skull. If I do try to do anything taxing I get ill. I'm almost out of internet to read, lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!