Recommended space heater. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
robert7107
Recommended space heater.

Need to get a space heater for my bedroom / snake room.
I live in a townhouse 2 story my bedroom is 55 square feet with my central heat which is run off of propane I have it set at 73 it holds the temperature throughout the house my bedroom tends to stay hotter during the day we keep the bedroom door closed so the temperature stays 74-75.. I have ball pythons an a retic..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
Lucille
Would it be possible to build a large cage area, that would be easier less expensive and maybe safer to reliably heat, or just to heat their cages individually?
For one of my room ACs last year I bought a plug in thermostat where you plug the heater/AC in and it keeps a temp, it seems like it might be a good back up for any heating choice.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
Randall Turner
I would just look at oil filled heaters either online to order, or locally and grab the one you like. I personally went with a Pelonis digital controlled one from walmart.com and had it delivered (I think it was like $43 shipped).

Old 11-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #4
robert7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
I would just look at oil filled heaters either online to order, or locally and grab the one you like. I personally went with a Pelonis digital controlled one from walmart.com and had it delivered (I think it was like $43 shipped).
Like this one?

Old 11-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
robert7107
Been using UTH mats from rbi for the ambient temperature only thing is it such a hassle trying too get snake out ..

Old 11-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #6
Randall Turner
That one is similar to the one I ordered. The one I ordered has a different control setup (push buttons with 5 degree set point increases. 60, 65, 70, 75, 80.) and comes with a remote.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
robert7107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
That one is similar to the one I ordered. The one I ordered has a different control setup (push buttons with 5 degree set point increases. 60, 65, 70, 75, 80.) and comes with a remote.
How many hours do you run yours a day and how many months out of the year and has your electric bill drastically been impacted?

Old 11-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
Randall Turner
This current one I only recently picked up so don't have enough data built up for it. I use to use a dial style oil filled heater that I ran about 12 hours a day during winter. It didn't seem to make much of an impact on my electric bill really which was nice.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:36 AM   #9
symphonic7
That one is pretty similar to the one that I ordered...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!