Bad Guy Andre Mondin - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:44 PM   #111
Its_JoeyHello
Did you ever get a refund?

Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #112
ranarussell
No i have received 1000 of provisional credits from my credit card company waiting for another 1000 of the same type of credits from another cc company but it may take a few weeks. Mulling over legal action as well.I dont want to do any of this but would not be able to live with myself if i let someone keep my hard earned money. I am single dad with 2 kids and he is not one. You know what i mean.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #113
tlmoon
I think there are ways this could have been handled better, on both sides.

However, I find the allegation of the snake not being properly packed for shipping to be quite concerning. It's already risky to simply ship an animal without the other party's being aware, but the facebook screen shot a few pages back indicated the snake was not shipped properly or with a heat pack. This really puts the animal at great risk for dying if there is a shipping delay or snafu. Russell, can you comment on this?

I wouldn't do business with the seller at this point either. I understand his being frustrated with the situation but it's not ok to keep the $2000. Put the buyer on your "do not sell to" list, refund him, and move on.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:06 AM   #114
Its_JoeyHello
Im sorry to hear that, I do hope you get a refund as IMO it seems the right thing to happen regardless of how you handled the returning of the snake.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM   #115
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_JoeyHello View Post
Im sorry to hear that, I do hope you get a refund as IMO it seems the right thing to happen regardless of how you handled the returning of the snake.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:19 AM   #116
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCurtin View Post
What in the world is "a vet" going to do other than shoot it up with sub-cutaneous fluid and advocate force feeding......unless of course it was a vet that was well versed in proper GTP husbandry, and those are few and far between. I acquired a group of animals that have been very problematic feeders from day one.....patience and persistence is the solution, not a stressful visit to a random vet.

Having said that, yes, it seems like Russell pushed too hard despite his prior experience. It also seems that Andre has the snake and half the money. Looks like we're all on the same page as far as that's concerned.....I think.
Willing to bet there can not be more than a handful of vets in the USA that have any clue as to a GTP nature and eating habits. to the vast majority it will just be "another snake".

Now it could be that the OP has had great luck with feeding on his current GTP collection, not all are problem eaters, I myself have one that will take the prey and tongs and your hand as soon as you open the enclosure if you let him!

It could be that he has just never experienced a real problem eater GTP, of which there are many and well documented and if so he really should have sought out advice even if he did not like the sound of Andre advice or they were basically on non speaking terms right now.

It is still unclear to myself if there was a real agreement to ship the animal back, emails so far do seem ambiguous, Andre did provide his address when asked but also seemed surprised the op was not waiting the 2 weeks and not 1 week.

Yes the op does seem to have $1000 credit refunded so far but lets not lose sight of the fact that he got this by going back to his CC company.
Andre did NOTHING to help the refund and until that point seemed intent to keep the snake and $2000.

With his refusal to comment here and the above situation, that makes him well deserving of the bad guy title here so far indeed!

Old 11-23-2017, 11:12 AM   #117
Lonepanda
Under any circumstance should the sell end up with both money and the snake. OP should just cover shipping at the MOST.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 AM   #118
ranarussell
Received the final refunds from my credit cards. Because Andre posted pics of the snake after receiving it back i was able to use that along with the tracking info to prove snake was returned. Time to move on but valuable lessen learned when buying a snake. Buyer BEWARE OF THAT GUY.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #119
Roscoe09
GoodLuck! Thanks for warning us.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #120
nickolasanastasiou
It is good to see that you were able to get your money back since the seller has the snake safely in his possession now from what I have read. I believe this thread has brought a lot of value, both expected and unexpected, to its readers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!