Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 117 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #1161
reticguy76
i realize it will never come to a hault. i guess i was just wondering what it will take for this thread to cease now, for a period of time.

im not saying whether it should or shouldnt, just wanna kinda get a true idea of what everyone wants, bottom line.

like, her to admit she lied and come clean about everything ??
say she will never breed again ??
say she will never advertise the remaining animals she does have ?
what the burm died of and when, etc?

im just trying to guage a one line, bottom line of what is wanted by her

Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1162
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
i realize it will never come to a hault. i guess i was just wondering what it will take for this thread to cease now, for a period of time.

im not saying whether it should or shouldnt, just wanna kinda get a true idea of what everyone wants, bottom line.

like, her to admit she lied and come clean about everything ??
say she will never breed again ??
say she will never advertise the remaining animals she does have ?
what the burm died of and when, etc?

im just trying to guage a one line, bottom line of what is wanted by her
She can SAY all of that, but with out PROOF, it is useless here and the speculation will continue.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM   #1163
reticguy76
i meant "from her". not being able to edit isnt fun, haha

Old 01-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #1164
reticguy76
seems to me, that with or without proof of all issues brought up regarding ashley, puts her in a bad light, for a real long time. so to her, it probably doesnt matter whether or not she provides proof or not regarding the issue brought forth

Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 PM   #1165
LD50_Junkie
"Reticguy76", you seem to like retics, right?

Well, I live in Florida. And I cannot keep retics, burms, Eunectes, etc, because of people like Ashely. Why? Because the government has sought to regulate our hobby FOR us because we have demonstrated that we are either unable to, or unwilling to, self regulate. We allow people to own snakes who should have no right to own even a spider. And we allow people to produce giant snakes from multiple in-line breedings, generating loads of animals with no homes and compromised immune systems. And for what? The glory of a "morph"?

You see, it's people like Ashley who provide the fodder for the media and the HSUS in their campaign to see every reptile, amphibian and house cat gone.

We need to, as a hobby, put our foot down and draw the line demarcating what we are willing to accept from our peers and what we will not tolerate. For this is not the hobby it was 10 or 20 years ago-- We are all skating on thin ice here.

And, to bring my tirade back on topic, I'd like to ask if you have actually read Dr. Jacobson's paper. Or *any* of his papers on the disease. You do know that there are other people researching and publishing in other countries, right?

And I'd like to follow up with an additional question to satiate my curiosity: how would you define a "fact" in science?

Old 01-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #1166
sally-dog
[quote=LD50_Junkie;1192868]"Reticguy76", you seem to like retics, right?

Well, I live in Florida. And I cannot keep retics, burms, Eunectes, etc, because of people like Ashely. Why? Because the government has sought to regulate our hobby FOR us because we have demonstrated that we are either unable to, or unwilling to, self regulate. We allow people to own snakes who should have no right to own even a spider. And we allow people to produce giant snakes from multiple in-line breedings, generating loads of animals with no homes and compromised immune systems. And for what? The glory of a "morph"?

You see, it's people like Ashley who provide the fodder for the media and the HSUS in their campaign to see every reptile, amphibian and house cat gone.

We need to, as a hobby, put our foot down and draw the line demarcating what we are willing to accept from our peers and what we will not tolerate. For this is not the hobby it was 10 or 20 years ago-- We are all skating on thin ice here.

And, to bring my tirade back on topic, I'd like to ask if you have actually read Dr. Jacobson's paper. Or *any* of his papers on the disease. You do know that there are other people researching and publishing in other countries, right?

And I'd like to follow up with an additional question to satiate my curiosity: how would you define a "fact" in science?[/
QUOTE]

Garrett... We can't debate this further in the thread. We JUST got it back on topic. Ask Mr. Carver in a PM. I would like to know, too, but now's not the time and place.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #1167
LD50_Junkie
My apologies. I wanted him to make his statement in public so that all could see that his "opinion" on IBD carries no weight in reality.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #1168
reticguy76
i am not gonna go back to that area of the thread, publically (and get yelled at, hahaha, j/k). but seriously, its not a topic for this thread, about my thoughts and feelings on ibd.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #1169
LD50_Junkie
So I can read that as a concession that her practices have both propagated and maintained a disease reservoir for IBD?

Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 PM   #1170
ShadowAceD
Ryan,

Your "thoughts and beliefs" are irrelevant to IBD as is anyone else who is not researching this disease in a controlled setting with certification and qualifications to do so.

This thread will not cease until Ashley's collection is destroyed and donated to Dr. Jacobson's research or kept only as pets, which, with her, cannot be guaranteed. There is no way to clear an animal of IBD at this point. Once you have one exposure, you have to assume, at best, that a quarter of the collection is infected as well, but which quarter is impossible to tell until they stop being asymtomatic and the virus becomes active. One thing I think a lot of people fail to realize is that her husband is in the Army. He could very well get PCS'd (have his duty station moved) overseas. Guess what they are not going to spend tens of thousands of dollars shipping over there with them? Even if they did? She would be spreading her potentially disease ridden collection overseas away from the states and wouldn't that be a lovely scenario of chaos.

Irresponsible, immature, spontaneous people like Ashley should not be keeping these animals because she has no ability to commit to them in the proper manner. This has been proven, several times over at this point. Anyone not seeing that is in a state of denial.

Getting an answer about Phoenix is a step in the right direction, as is seeing the necropsy reports in full. Her failure to provide these speaks volumes towards the assumptions that have inevitably been made. She is hiding things. She is hiding them because she knows she screwed up beyond repair and, really? She does not care. This is evident in all the other forums she is constantly active on. Posting pics of her animals as if nothing has happened. Still talking about selling animals, even having them on hold for people for when "her collection is cleared of IBD". It, as of right now, cannot be cleared. Period. If you read Dr. Jacobson's papers, you can see that.

Yes, there are many things not known about the virus, but that is exactly why she needs to not be a fool and lock down her collection or, at the very least, donate some of them to his research. If she really gave two cents worth a god, that is exactly what she would do. However, she will not. She will just keep dodging questions and backing into a corner until there is no where else to go.

In time, it will catch up to her. When that happens? This thread will hault. Until then? No, it won't. If you have an issue with that, develop a "belief" that it does not exist and all will be right for you.

Simple, yeah?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd