Mites.... What do they look like? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #21
Mike Greathouse
No problem. Ask as many questions as you like. I obviously didn't explain it thoroughly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Snake
She doesn't like to submerge her head so I ddin't know if the soaking method would work around the eyes.

Thanks again!
It usually doesn't pose a problem. If they're left in the water for at least 30 minutes, they will usually submerge enough to take care of the problem. Their natural instinct is to do so to try and remove the irritant. Just make sure that the water is deep enough for her to accomplish this.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:58 PM   #22
SVT Snake
Thanks again Mike.

One last question. How much dish soap?

About a teaspoon in the tub with enough water for her to submerge?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #23
Mike Greathouse
Yes - that should be enough.
You want to make sure that there is enough soap to disperse throughout the water, but you don't need suds.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #24
SVT Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Yes - that should be enough.
You want to make sure that there is enough soap to disperse throughout the water, but you don't need suds.
Gotcha. Thanks again Mike. I think I am armed with enough knowlege to take these guys out now.

Old 09-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #25
SVT Snake
Well, I have soaked her twice now and she still has those little creatures buried around her eyes. They are in there pretty deep and don't look like they have any intentions of coming out. Any more suggestions or do I have to wait until she sheds to get them out?

BTW... I now have the permethrine solution, Provent-A-Mite, and some Reptile Relief.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:25 PM   #26
SVT Snake
Any more suggestions?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:18 PM   #27
hhmoore
If you have treated her, the mites may well be dead. You can try gently swabbing with a moist cotton swab, or wait til she sheds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!