Dom or Co-Dom - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
That's why I said some consider and explained my reasoning for disagreeing. The key word in the dominant hypothesis is the use of the word some. I am of the opinion that if it was truly dominant to Stripe you would always see a Motley-Stripe look only like a Motley...Which does not happen as I stated in post #9.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
TripleMoonsExotic
Hit "post" before I finished my thought!

The only thing we can for sure say without a doubt about Motley & Stripe is that they sit on the same allele and the double heterozygous does not have the classic bands seen in Normals.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
paulh

And ideally, with a codominant mutant, there would be no overlap of the heterozygous phenotype with either homozygous type.

It just goes to show that nature is sloppy. The next question is where to draw the line in this sort of gray area.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
EXACTLY! In reality, Motley & Stripe don't fit neatly into any of them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!