Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #211
hboyles66
I agree on the CL thing. It is a 50/50 chance. Some breeders use it because it is a way for them to sell locally and not have to worry about shipping. I did buy a GTP off CL but when I picked it up I realized the guy selling it was a vendor at a few shows I had attended but it came fully setup and well taken care of he just needed some quick cash. I still took it home and quarantined it for about 5 months even though I know the guy from shows. It is always better say than sorry. Ashley has proved that without a doubt with over 200 post on a BOI thread. She needs to be stopped to insure no future problems. She may be only one person but evryone we can stop is one step closer to helping the stop of the spreding of IBD due to lack luster reptile breeders and collectors.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #212
hboyles66
http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/jus...605-herps.html

The pics I found here are some of the worst I have seen in awhile. Why would anyone want an animal from conditons like that. People like that need to be arrested and charged with animal cruelty. Why would, Ashely, even think of buying something from someone like that if she is such a good breeder and collector?

Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 AM   #213
hboyles66
YOU admitted that you didn't have proper quarantine on your animals, OTHER ppl that got snakes from you said they came with mites, FROM YOU... And up until I bought from you, I HAD bought only from reputable breeders... The ONE animal I got from CL was in March of 2010... And I DID keep the BCL away from my other snakes, he was in another room of my house... people just don't seem to read the things I write unless it benefits them... And how could you lock down your animals when you TOLD ME that you SOLD all your animals and had ONE left... So that means you had either not sold them or taken in more animals... Either way, you lied... I didn't put you through anything, I just had the worst animal from the batch you sold apparently and it died... Whether it was truly from IBD or not who knows? The report says inclusions, but I have not had any proven pathologies with inclusions since... Hopefully it stays that way and hopefully IF it was IBD it was an isolated incident... Either way, YOU were still wrong with flipping animals and should have refunded or partially refunded everyone who complained about you, PERIOD... Anyone who bought the Bolivians from me HAD that option... And most animals I had sold went to friends who KNEW about the BCL dying and KNEW about the pathology report and STILL bought from me with that knowledge...

Here is the other email she sent Mr. Dean. I ask him to post on here but I guess he is banned which doesn't say a lot in his defense but her emails prove she has been lying and that is what I want people to know also. Read this email and tell me she is not the pot calling the kettle black!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #214
amercnwmn
I didn't/don't like being the one dragging this out to the BOI.

I have had my fair share of forum drama, and crazy people.
I tend to lay low on forums, and just help when I can, and visit with friends elsewhere. I get enough drama in "real life".

Thankfully MOST people have taken the time to READ the proof that's been posted, as it's gone on, and it hasn't been swept under the rug.
I sincerely appreciate the support that's been given, and the information that's been shared in order to protect others. I've had a LOT of help in gathering the information provided.

I hope this thread STAYS active, as long as Ashley is actively selling/breeding snakes and until there's some evidence there's 100% no issues.
I suspect there ARE, or I wouldn't have posted this.

Like Sally-dog said, "she's one that's been caught in the act" there are others that don't leave the "breadcrumb" trail of lies.

I don't take this lightly.
I never would have posted it, if I hadn't had PROOF of contradictions, and received such a flippant disregard for the seriousness of the situation, and actions based on ignorant assumptions from Ashley.
She's exposed some serious questions in her husbandry, and it's too much to ask others to risk unwittingly. It's a shame, she has some beautiful snakes.

I have very few posts on the BOI, unless it's in support of a pretty clear cut case of reporting disreputable behavior. You probably won't hear much from me unless there are FACTS to back up accusations.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #215
sally-dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
I didn't/don't like being the one dragging this out to the BOI.

I have had my fair share of forum drama, and crazy people.
I tend to lay low on forums, and just help when I can, and visit with friends elsewhere. I get enough drama in "real life".

Thankfully MOST people have taken the time to READ the proof that's been posted, as it's gone on, and it hasn't been swept under the rug.
I sincerely appreciate the support that's been given, and the information that's been shared in order to protect others. I've had a LOT of help in gathering the information provided.

I hope this thread STAYS active, as long as Ashley is actively selling/breeding snakes and until there's some evidence there's 100% no issues.
I suspect there ARE, or I wouldn't have posted this.

Like Sally-dog said, "she's one that's been caught in the act" there are others that don't leave the "breadcrumb" trail of lies.

I don't take this lightly.
I never would have posted it, if I hadn't had PROOF of contradictions, and received such a flippant disregard for the seriousness of the situation, and actions based on ignorant assumptions from Ashley.
She's exposed some serious questions in her husbandry, and it's too much to ask others to risk unwittingly. It's a shame, she has some beautiful snakes.

I have very few posts on the BOI, unless it's in support of a pretty clear cut case of reporting disreputable behavior. You probably won't hear much from me unless there are FACTS to back up accusations.
Ditto. I went 5 years here without posting at all! LOL

Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #216
Drew Zaun
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboyles66 View Post
This is what I was talking about. maybe Ashely didn't intend on this happening but she also did not do much to stop it either. I am very sorry to hear of your mite problem. I hope all goes well. Have you informed Ashley?
You know, this is a common "feel better" theme I see whenever something seriously unpleasant happens, especially when that unpleasantness spreads to other people.

At this point I no longer care about one's "intentions". Unless you are a pioneer at what you are doing or so little is known that what transpires could not be helped with general knowledge, your intentions mean squat. Legally, ignorance of the law does not equal innocence.

In this case, Ashley appears (if we can believe her) to be under one or more mistaken ideas about IBD. Some of those ideas have traction on the Internet. Now multiple people are at risk of losing their collections because one person failed to do proper research and take even a bare minimum effort to protect anything.

While it is true that not much about what is known about IBD is concrete, that is not the same as not knowing about IBD. I knew more about IBD 15 years ago from an article in Reptiles Magazine than she has displayed here, and much more is known now.

Unacceptable.

I can excuse a new boid owner who in their research does not get into the finer points of a specific disease.

I cannot excuse someone who is setting up shop as a breeder not knowing more than decades old myths about that disease.

There is a huge difference between owning a pet and exposing only your own animals through ignorance, and running a facility that can put hundreds of animals (her own reference) at risk.

For some time early on I thought some of the verbiage was a little harsh. After spending some time contemplating what I have read here I now have a different opinion. I think people are not coming down hard enough.

If only half of the "200ish" animals that were exposed to the collection were infected, and each of those animals were allowed to carry that disease through quarantine to other collections, we are talking about potentially thousands of animals infected or exposed.

This is how pandemics occur. One ignorant careless person can start a massive outbreak. How many snakes are carrying dormant IBD right now? Have any of the animals exposed to Ashley's collection been brought to shows? How many of those owners are even peripherally aware there might be an issue?

That is why this is so scary, and outrageous. Many people may not even know they have a problem until they too spread it to other collections.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #217
amercnwmn
Definitely NOT something one should take for granted..

Hank, Elizabeth did state she HAD notified Ashley of the mite problem.
I think Elizabeth just got those snakes like less than a month ago...?

Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #218
Elizabethlea27
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
Definitely NOT something one should take for granted..

Hank, Elizabeth did state she HAD notified Ashley of the mite problem.
I think Elizabeth just got those snakes like less than a month ago...?
Yes I have notified Ashley of the mite problems and she admits (and apologized) that they may come from her although she claims to be treating her collection.

I cannot believe that in her email to Dean she made it sound like all her buyers knew about the dead BCL - I sure as heck didn't, and I know at least one other potential buyer personally (of the bolivians) who backed out in time for their snake not to be shipped, specifically because of learning about the BCL's death. It is an outright LIE on Ashley's part to say that the general public could make an informed choice in this matter, we could and can not. If her friends did, fine - but for those who had not been around on RTB.net for a YEAR to keep tabs on her, we just didn't know! And for those she may vend to, or sell to on CL, they will not be able to make an informed choice either.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:01 PM   #219
Elizabethlea27
Oh and yes, I have had them for only one month - I received them the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, I believe it was November 18.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:05 PM   #220
hboyles66
I am glad she is at least starting to admit that she has problems with mites. Before that she was all clean and everything was perfect. She did not say anything about the IBD to anyone because she, even though she says she is super knowledgable of everything, most likely truely believed that if her pythins didn't die she was alright. Then a few died an HUH OHH!!!! Know all her intelligence has been thrown out the window and she is showing her true side. She needs to be told to stay away from the shows until she can get everything under control. It seems like she feels that eveyone is against her and in fact they are but it because of her owns lies and crelessness. I hhope your snake are fine Elizabeth and that you can get rid of the mites asap.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd