Dogs - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:29 AM   #51
ZX11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I'm sure that doesn'y happen very often...
I get the evil eye when I don't cook want he wants, when I stay up later than he does, when I am busy working and can't play with him, when I am on the 'puter, when I am on the pooter, etc. LOL, pretty much any time I am not keeping him occupied.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:42 AM   #52
Ginger Ambrose
that is really neat. I never realized that was an option. I have delt with alot of diffrent dog breeds that could have really benifited from this option.
I have seen some of the "nastiest" ear problems on dogs. They look so painful.
To be able to make an effective change, without drugs on an ongoing basis is wonderful.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #53
ZX11
What kind of stuff have you been using? Effective? Side effects?

The last thing tried was "Four Paws" ear cleaner. It is just drops, but after about three hours, it smells like sour milk and he shakes his head constantly. A look in the ear shows it to be bright red and swollen. I can see they are hurting and cracked dry, but not bleeding. The sour milk smell lasts about three-four days, the pain for a couple weeks.

Before resorting to piercings, I flushed his ears with 91%alcohol and pierced them straight away. Since then, no smell, no crud, no headshakes.

If you opt for this, know that the ear piercing is 18 gauge. The barbell used for tongue piercings is usually 14 gauge and that is a long stretch, so I special ordered the barbell in 16 gauge, the smallest diameter made.

After the first piercings healed, or settled, I use the 16 gauge stuff. For daytime usage, he has a set of ear rings that are actually bellybutton rings. Kind of half circular, but I ordered them in 16gauge and with screw on type ends. His are little red dice with metalic dots. His bedtime barbell has screw on ends, too, but they are round balls. The entire thing is 1.5 inches long and made from titanium. I pin his ears up about twice a week, other than that, he sports his dice. The picture shows his start up piercing studs. I will post a picture of his dice ear rings tommorrow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!