Fox? Sure, why not? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
WebSlave
Fox? Sure, why not?

We seem to have just about everything else running around out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym4aqi24WDk

When we went out to the bird feed store a little while ago, some people there were talking about how much their birds really like the dried up mealworms they sell there. So what the heck, we figured we would give it a try. Maybe the woodpeckers would like them. Connie kept putting some on a hollowed out log near the bird feeders, and every morning all the worms were gone. I got curious about what was eating them, thinking maybe there were some early birds getting those worms, so I set out the game camera to check it out. I'll be honest, a fox would have been one of the last things I ever would have guessed at.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Ha, nice. I literally saw a fox this morning before sun up. Was the first one I've seen in probably a decade.

Old 01-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
WebSlave
I'm thinking it is good to have around. Probably keeps the squirrel population in check.

Old 01-29-2019, 09:05 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Must stink to be that skittish all the time. Can't even enjoy some meal worms without being paranoid the whole time.

Old 01-30-2019, 01:26 AM   #5
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Must stink to be that skittish all the time. Can't even enjoy some meal worms without being paranoid the whole time.
You should see the birds in the feeders. They all try to look everywhere at once. Rough life being a bird, I guess.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:35 AM   #6
LauraB
LOL, Robert! I was thinking the same thing; poor fox being so skittish just eating a few mealworms. I see foxes (my new Webster's dictionary plural, foxi? LOL) all the time when I drive into my hood at night. Oh, I love to see them, but they are so, so paranoid, just like you said.

Thanks for the video, Rich.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:01 AM   #7
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I see foxes...all the time when I drive into my hood at night.
Where do you live, Georgia or something?
Coyotes and squirrels around here mostly.
Last year we found a road kill deer. Tossed it in our truck and hauled it home. My boys wheeled it out in our backyard (a couple acres) and the coyotes had it gone in about 2 days.

Old 02-05-2019, 03:22 AM   #8
LauraB
LOL, Robert. Yeah. GA or thereabouts. Yeah, lots of deer here, too. See them in our yards at night. Coyotes are here, but not so much where I live. MY kid and I had a great encounter a couple summers ago, late at night, when we heard something digging around the front of the house close to where I had already had 2 main water line leaks (and a freaking fortune in water bills and repair). We opened the front door to investigate and there was a big ole armadillo on the front porch. He/she was very cool!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!