Hides - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
tress29
Hides

What is your hog's favorite hide? I've been looking at tons of pictures, and can't tell what style suits hogs the best. I've seen open logs, fake rocks, TP tubes, clay flower pots. Should I start with the free TP rolls and move up as my (soon to be) snake grows?

Theresa in Indy

Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
sweet~nichole~marie
I put some toilet paper and paper towel rolls together to make a jungle gym for Cyrano. That way he has multiple levels and tunnels to crawl through and over. He seems to like it. He is either cruising through them or tunneling in his aspen. I had a big piece of wood in there at first but took it out. It took up a lot of room and he didn't seem interested in crawling on it/under it.

I was at Home Depot the other day looking at textured tubing. I was thinking of expanding his jungle gym with connectors and tubes. I'll let you know if I end up making one and how he likes it

Old 08-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
tress29
Sweets' viv

Well, I bought the UTH and a thermostat (at the reptile show) but everything else I used in his viv I already had.

2.5 gallon acrylic tank, with locking metal lid
TP tube for a hide
aquarium plant for cover
aqua water dish, bought for a mouse, used for ranch dressing for carrots!
multi colored care fresh bedding, sharing with the dwarf hamster

How did I do?

When he gets to big for this tank, I have the 5 gallon KK to move him into, and can use the same uth...
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Freya
Looks great to me! Might want to consider a light if he/she isn't getting much ambient light. Also maybe another roll on the cold side of the tank. My girl love to cruse around when her light is on.

I have a cave fish tank orniment in my girls tank, she likes it becasue it has multiple holes that she can go out of. she also has a coconut shell, but doesn't use it much, I don't think that she likes the fact that it only has one exit, or maybe she is a bit large for it anymore. Good luck with your new little one!

I'm going to have to try the jungle gym idea I bet she would love it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!