hognose ???????????? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #11
birdeboy
that ? i do not know but i will say this ppl buy sell and trade these hogs all the time where im at look in the news papers says buys and sell hog noses so im gussing it isnt go to anny pet store hear in my town all of them be sellings hogs in there store so if it was ilegal i would say alot of ppl breaking the law but i realy dont know

Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 AM   #12
Pug
There is a difference between selling captive bred and born hogs vs those that have been collected from the wild. Before you sell it you should have it vet checked, just to rule out any parasites. You should also do as Glen suggested and make sure it eats readily. It could be illegal in Texas to sell native wildlife, so you might want to call one of the buyers/sellers listed in the paper and ask, or check your local laws and regulations concerning the collection of native species. You could also put it back where you found it.

Old 07-04-2004, 09:09 PM   #13
Hognose_311
Umm..........

Either my computer sucks or the picture does (probably my comp. lol) But i would have to have a clearer picture or have to see it in person. But if you could possibly get a clearer picturer i could tell you. Not to jump to any conclusions but in the first pic the head shape makes me think its an eastern hog if a hog at all.

Dont get rid of it because i may be interesting in buying it from you, please try to get a clearer picture and check it for endoparasites or mouth rot, and i may purchase it but.......we dont know what it is lol. I have been breeding Southern Hognoses for 5 yrs. now so ill take it no doubt if it is a hognose, but try to fing out. Search for pics of hognoses on Yahoo!, besides that maybe buy a book or something, if you dont have the correct equipment to keep it and eventually let it go, then tell me, ill check it out, then ill release it in the correct area, but keep it for a week or so, and if it behaves weird definitely let it go. I hope i was of some help,

Michael.

Old 07-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #14
Hognose_311
I did some research for ya bud...

As i said i did some research, and it could be a Madagascan Hognose, thery look similar, but Madagascans color are a little brighter so i am not sure again. definitley need a clearer pic though, so ill check back on tommorrow for a picture from you.

Old 07-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #15
Pug
A Madagascan Hog in Texas?

The pic does look a bit blurry, but that snake has a remarkable resemblence to my Western Hog, especially in the saddle (I think, would that be the brown side blotches?) area and color. I've found W. Hogs locally and I'm in New Mexico, Texas borders us to the east.

Old 07-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #16
Glenn Bartley
Well, I guess it could be a Madagascan Hognose Snake if someone in the neighborhood had one that escaped. Then again, my guess is that it would look something like a Madagascan Hognose which from the available pics it does not, at least to me. It seemingly does have a resemblance to a Western Hognose Snake in these pics.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:42 PM   #17
Hognose_311
Yes i think you could be right but again my computer is horrible and i cant tell, i didnt get a chance to look at the last pic he had posted, so when i looked at it i knew it wasnt a madagascan, but if it is used to captivity you never know. But find out what it is and i amy take it assuming it does well in captivity. Thanks

Old 07-06-2004, 11:50 PM   #18
Pug
How is it used to captivity? He said he found it in the wild. I've found quite a few Westerns out here and they have mostly been calm and seemingly "pet-like". Only one was a bit agressive, but he/she struck with a closed mouth and then was very calm by the time I let it go. When I decided that I liked W. Hogs and wanted to keep one, I bought it captive bred and born from a cornsnake breeder in New York instead of taking one from the wild.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #19
Hognose_311
DUH.....

You've never heard of a lost or let free snake??? Use some common sense.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #20
Sunshines2day
They're legal to sell in Texas

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!