Stop the Airing of "Eaten Alive" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
EmeraldBoid
Stop the Airing of "Eaten Alive"

I am appalled anyone would support something so irresponsible as to shove one's self down an animal's throat.

Link to sign...

http://www.change.org/p/discovery-ch...share_petition
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
WebSlave
And even if the snake COULD swallow the guy, how are they planning on getting him out?

Old 11-06-2014, 10:44 PM   #3
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
And even if the snake COULD swallow the guy, how are they planning on getting him out?
No idea, I am guessing their "special suit" has some certain of chemical treatment that would let a crew pull him out (likely damaging the animal internally, even if it was possible to get down there in the first place). Hopefully, it doesn't get to see action.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #5
EmeraldBoid
Oops, sorry about double posting.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Baksmurf
This was my response to the yahoo announcement of the show.

The idea of this is so ing disgusting. The host of that show deserves to be crushed to death. How the has the aspca or humane society not got involved. This is animal cruelty at it's finest. Just because it's a snake doesn't mean it doesn't have pain receptors. How is he supposed to get out of this said snake?

If an anaconda were to consume a human due to their natural predatory instinct the snake would be killed. That's what our society does. They kill predatory animals that act on their natural instinct even though we intrude onto their habitat (but it's their fault).

It breaks my heart to think that the act has already happened. It's supposed to air in December so you know it's already been through editing and been approved to air.

Shame on you discovery, Go yourself.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
Brandonmarsh29
I completely agree..... If an animal does anything that gets in the way of humans then it gets killed. Tables turned we are the ones that deserve it. We got rich snobs wearing animals just cuz its "fashionable" not to mention how our cities are starting to grow into each other destroying natural areas. Then ppl go out and shoot a deer and leave the body stinking in the woods just for the antlers. I'm not opposed to hunting and fishing if its for food I was raised that way to provide for the family especially with all the garbage that's put into our food that makes us sick probably our food too . Every time I kill a deer or fish or anything ill thank the animal for the sacrifice it made to feed us but the morons that do it for trophies or fashion ain't nuthin but serial killers.... Then this eaten alive crap..... Well like I was saying.... MORONIC. I hope something happens to the sub human pieces of garbage responsible for promoting this animal cruelty....

Old 11-14-2014, 10:48 PM   #8
annaflyte
What I don't understand is how the fuck is he going to let himself be eaten without also being killed by the snake? Snakes don't just consume prey that are still kicking around. Hes going to get crushed if nothing else because the snake will coil around his body and squeeze the life out of him before "swallowing". Which it won't be able to swallow him anyway because shoulders are too big.

The entire thing is stupid and a shitty publicity stunt that will end in the death of the snake no matter what happens.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!