Jeff Ashley (Jeff & Angie) ~~ (VENTING-UNPROFESSIONAL-BEWARE) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #41
ExoticPetsWS
I am.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:11 PM   #42
dprince
I hope this is OK to post here, it's from another thread that I found interesting per the discussion happening here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
Here is my guarantee that relates to live animals:

Live Reptile Policy:

Orders sent door to door service are sent via priority service only, otherwise we can not guarantee live arrival.

Guarantee:
We guarantee our animals are healthy and alive when they arrive. We can not be responsible for carrier delays or mishandling. We do not guarantee any animals when traveling through areas where the temperatures are below 40 degrees or above 90 degrees. Heat and ice packs are available upon request. Because of the unique needs of amphibians, there is no guarantee at any time. There is never a guarantee on free items or any items being shipped by ground service. We can not be held liable for any illness or disease not visible or known while in our care. We can not guarantee our animals are free of parasites. There is no guarantee for any items being shipped by ground service. There is never a guarantee on free items. There is no guarantee on items marked (NG). Exotic Pets Wholesale is not responsible for shipping and handling fees for the purchase or return of any items.
Debbie Prince

Old 08-08-2007, 03:17 PM   #43
dprince
Sorry, I got a little crazy with the bold. I meant to point out the "not repsonsible for carrier delays" part.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:05 PM   #44
jsrocket
After all the policy discussions, posturing, and speculation, the whole thing comes down to these two statements for me.

Buyer requests refund:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS

I emailed them and said this:
I think I’m entitled to a refund of the $55 shipping since they have not arrived by 10:30am.

I am aware of how FedEx applies the refunds since I ship with them as well. So please, once you receive the refund add it back to my paypal account.

Thanks again!
Rose
Maybe a little too direct and assumptive for some, but certainly not over the top.

Sellers response:

Quote:
Hello Rose,
This is in response to your request for shipping fees to be refunded. First of all, we never stated a specific time for the snakes to arrive other than A.M. delivery. Secondly, it is clearly specified in our ad on kingsnake.com that we are NOT responsible for carrier errors. The amount we paid to ship those snakes was $60.50
which is more than you paid us to ship them. Add to that paypal's fee, so as you can see the amount of money we made on the sale of these snakes was quite minimal. This should go without saying, but we will not be refunding any money to you. We have marked your account in such a manner as to never do any business with you again. We have plenty of extremely satisfied customers in our databank and therefore do not need your business in the future. Thank You! Jeff & Angie
Not a very professional response. IMO, the SELLER is held to a higher standard in a business transaction such as this. Neither party wins any medals here, but personally, I would rate the buyer a "C", and the seller a "D".

The request, even if denied, was not handled well.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #45
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Jim does have a point. The seller did handle it poorly. When I looked at it last night I was rather annoyed at the

"I am aware of how FedEx applies the refunds since I ship with them as well. So please, once you receive the refund add it back to my paypal account."

being as if she IS aware of how Fedex applies refunds and ships with them then she should be perfectly aware that the live reptile shipping waiver does not allow the shipper to get a refund of the shipping cost no matter when the box arrived.........

and then I didn't like her attitude much~ so I got a little snotty about pointing it out.

But while I still do not like ExoticPetsWS attitude~ Jim is right. The seller should have explained the actual FACT that they are not entitled to a refund so her ASSUMPTION that one would be forthcoming was a BAD ASSUMPTION.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #46
Suncoast Herpetological
This is the portion of her terms that concerns me

Quote:
Heat and ice packs are available upon request.
So it's up to the customer to tell you how to pack his animals for shipment?

Interesting approach to animal welfare and customer service

Old 08-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #47
Double LY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
This is the portion of her terms that concerns me

So it's up to the customer to tell you how to pack his animals for shipment?

Interesting approach to animal welfare and customer service

Look at the other thread and you will see that she doesn't even include the cold pack when the customer requests it

Old 08-10-2007, 09:40 PM   #48
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Neither party wins any medals here, but personally, I would rate the buyer a "C", and the seller a "D".
To be objective, I should have qualified that statement
by saying "from the details presented on this particular transaction."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!