Jeff Ashley (Jeff & Angie) ~~ (VENTING-UNPROFESSIONAL-BEWARE) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #31
ExoticPetsWS
Had you have read that section of my website, you would have noticed I personally did not write the caresheeet info, but yet used what has already been written by another source (Western New York Herp Soc.) which quotes parts of her information, and cites such as to not plagiarize.

Yes, I am below average intellectually. that's why I own a business, import/export worldwide and have a college degree, I might add. That was an intelligent assumption on your part.

I'm not getting into FedEx bureaucrats. As I have stated, you do what you do and I'll do what I do. If that lead you to believe one thing or another, so be it.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 AM   #32
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
I don't feel it's anyone's business what my contract, your contract or anyone's contract says or doesn't say.
You could BE anymore obvious?

Griz

Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #33
Gecko_Den
Quote:
that's why I own a business, import/export worldwide and have a college degree, I might add.
Kenneth Lay owned a business, and had three college degrees, however there are many that would say he wasn't too smart....

Old 08-08-2007, 08:51 AM   #34
ExoticPetsWS
Maybe that's from the lack of intelligence I have, as noted previously.

I'm the bad guy ~ BEWARE don't do business with the uneducated, "below average intelligent owner of Exotic Pets Wholesale. Please!!! You may end up a happy and satisfied customer, now that sucks!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #35
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Maybe that's from the lack of intelligence I have, as noted previously.

I'm the bad guy ~ BEWARE don't do business with the uneducated, "below average intelligent owner of Exotic Pets Wholesale. Please!!! You may end up a happy and satisfied customer, now that sucks!
Why don't you address your less than "happy and satisfied customer" that has an active BOI thread about their dealings with you and your misrepresentation of animals, rather than posting here about how smart you are and how you are such a great business person?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #36
ExoticPetsWS
Sorry I wasn't aware ~

Old 08-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #37
Cat_72
Quote:
Here's the thing, I'll do what I have continued to do for the sake of my customers. I'm not getting into who's waiver says what, it's neither here nor there.

I don't feel it's anyone's business what my contract, your contract or anyone's contract says or doesn't say. Frankly, I think mine was updated when I received the new discounted rates. See they reassess my rates for better discounts with the more volume I do. One reason I can offer $38.50 shipping to anyone on any size or weight box. I do this for retail sales only and my wholesale customers pay my discounted rate.

Since I have been shipping with FedEx and at one point with UPS (I shipping mainly with FedEx because of the discounted rate I receive) for something like 15 years and doing the same old thing, I'm not gonna stop. If you're angry because FedEx give me a refund and you receive one, call you rep. and ask him/her. I don't know why they do it, they just do.
It IS "neither here nor there" whether you are shipping live reptiles without the proper reptile waiver from Fedex. Perhaps your local rep is fine with that.....great for you. But, assuming you mark your shipping boxes with the proper identification per the Lacey Act, what is going to happen when your shipment of live reptiles is halfway across the country from you,and someone at a Fedex location decides to check and see if you have the waiver on file? Don't tell me it doesn't happen.....because there are plenty of instances where it does. Usually sparked by some not-so-bright Fedex employee that doesn't know that reptile shipping is allowed at all, but when that happens, your only defense is your reptile waiver. If you don't have a reptile waiver.....what do you do then? Drive halfway across the country to pick up the package? Let Fedex "dispose" of the package? The animals will be the ones suffering because you don't make the little extra effort to get the waiver.

If you have a reptile waiver, which at this point I doubt, you know that it states Fedex will not refund the shipping costs for a late delivery. If your local rep does that for you, again, great for you....but most reps will follow the letter of the contract. Just because you happen to be lucky does not in any way mean that everyone else is....and it surely doesn't entitle you to anything.

If you do not have a reptile waiver, don't get down on the folks that are doing things the PROPER way. They are doing everything they can to make sure that the reptiles they ship out are going to arrive at their destination safely. If the package is late "getting to the truck", it is out of the seller's control, even though they do everything they can to make sure it is shipped properly. Usually, they are more concerned about the reptile's safety than getting a refund on a measly 50 bucks. Personally, I'm just happy when the animals arrive healthy and safe, knowing that the seller has done all that they can do to ensure that, even when Fedex screws up.

And when folks who ship without the proper reptile waivers start making a stink, it DOES affect those who have gone the extra distance to make sure they are shipping the PROPER way. We are lucky Fedex allows us to ship live reptiles at all.....if they take away that option, where does that leave most of us?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #38
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Why don't you address your less than "happy and satisfied customer" that has an active BOI thread about their dealings with you and your misrepresentation of animals, rather than posting here about how smart you are and how you are such a great business person?
You mean this one, where she sold misrepresented and deformed animals, and shipped in 90 degree weather without a cold pack?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=102524

Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #39
ExoticPetsWS
Cute dog!

You win!

Old 08-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #40
liquidleaf
Quote:
Cute dog!

You win!
What kind of a professional response is this? And please, don't answer with a sarcastic "look out, you'll get good customer service at ExoticPets blah blah blah". Those statements sound like bad used-car sales ads.

Sorry, but you are coming off as very pompous, self-righteous, and self-serving. Maybe a little narcissistic, as well. That's the way it looks. Please, stop insulting everyone's intelligence with your attempt at self-promotion.

Don't offer up the fact that you have a "different" agreement with FedEx as your reasoning for demanding a refund, and then not offer up proof! I'm sure lots of "big sellers" would be interested in learning if FedEx offered different versions of the reptile waiver, so I'm sure there are people who are honestly interested in seeing the wording, if only to ask their own reps about it specifically.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!