ExoticPetsSW - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #51
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
Thank you, but when I did that it copied the entire message. I did not want that.
Did you really go to college? Heck I went so long ago no one had a personal computer and Al Gore hadn't yet invented the Internet, but I can still edit, cut, and paste (and use smilies ).

Perhaps a basic computing course would be a good thing for you to take.

Now if you want to copy some text from elsewhere, say an email, and place it inside a quote you need to be able to copy it, click on the button in the message entry box as illustrated, and then paste the the text between the [quote] tags that appear. Alternatively, you can paste the text, select it, and click the button and the [quote] tags will "wrap" the text. It's not that hard...I'm sure you can do it.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2007, 01:57 PM   #52
Griz
Good grief Jim, she no's.....she no's already........

Griz

Old 08-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #53
ExoticPetsWS
IMAGINE THAT!!!

Old 08-08-2007, 02:21 PM   #54
BryonsBoas
Quote:
I already addressed this.
I don't need to impress anyone nor do I try too.
At least you got one thing right.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #55
ExoticPetsWS
Go figure ~

Old 08-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #56
Griz
Quote:
IMO the seller should make good on this deal. There is NO REASON for this! Not only does it make the (reptile) industry look bad but this is the reason why many carriers DO NOT want to ship live animals.

Shipping reptiles correctly is not cheap, when you take into consideration the amount of time and effort that is needed to get the animals to their destination ALIVE. Saving a few bucks, ends up costing a hell of a lot more in the long run. When you do it correctly there is less stress on the animals, less paperwork (if you are a business) and less headaches dealing with stressed out customers.

To the seller, you make more money not having to replace senseless DOA's! If you are new at this, take this as a learning lesson in shipping reptiles. Contact http://www.superiorenterprise.com and buy a few boxes.
Yet another inconsistency. If you truly practiced what you preached, you would have ensured that they were packed correctly, which would have included a cold pack. From what anyone can ascertain, you simply like to spout off what you THINK people want to hear. It's a whole different story when it comes to practicing it. Go figure.....

Griz

Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #57
GDReptile
Blah

Rose,

The fact remains that your customer has no oboligation to return any animals after they have purchased them from you. Yes you made the offer (you say to fix the situation), but it came accross more as an "FU" than a "let me help you". If you were truly trying to fix the situation why did you ask for the return of both animals? The male was healthy. Furthermore you responded with your "FU" statement after the customer asked if you had any other females available for sale, she wasn't asking for a free animal, just a good deal or discount (pretty rational). I would think that such a big high volume breeder and wholesaler such as yourself you be able to get ahold of another female, or at least find one from all of the big names you like to drop. When you did find one you could have paid for part of it, which would be exactly the same scenario as if you had another female instock to discount for the customer. In all actuallity it probably would have been cheaper than the return shipping you were going to pay for. Your actions stink of malevolence more than they do of kind heart, or even common sense.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:10 PM   #58
Cat_72
Quote:
$38.50 when you purchase from the website.

~ not over the phone.

~ not through the mail.

~ not wholesale.

~ not any other way.
So, let me get this straight.

You pay the same price to ship, no matter what size box you ship....but you charge the customer different shipping rates even though it costs you no more to ship in a larger box? And even though it costs you no more, you didn't use a cold pack, because you would "have to" charge the buyer a higher shipping rate (even though it costs you no more) to use the proper sized box to ensure the animal's safety?

Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #59
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
So, let me get this straight.

You pay the same price to ship, no matter what size box you ship....but you charge the customer different shipping rates even though it costs you no more to ship in a larger box? And even though it costs you no more, you didn't use a cold pack, because you would "have to" charge the buyer a higher shipping rate (even though it costs you no more) to use the proper sized box to ensure the animal's safety?
Plus it appears she violated her own terms of sale by not including an ice pack when it was requested. If in fact that would have increased shipping costs then the buyer should have been informed and given the choice. I have no doubt that they (or anyone) would have paid a higher shipping cost for the welfare of their animals. And the whole "I charge different shipping depending on method of order" seems bizarre to me. What difference does it make whether its a phone or web order?

Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #60
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste
And the whole "I charge different shipping depending on method of order" seems bizarre to me. What difference does it make whether its a phone or web order?
There is a difference. One can set up for web orders to be automatically processed and entered into your bookkeeping and inventory software whereas a telephone order not only ties up the line and takes the time of the person who takes the order (who may be an hourly employee), those processes then may need to be done manually.

Giving customers a perk or a discount for using an online ordering system when one is available is not completely unheard of in business these days. For instance, some brokerage houses charge three levels of fees, the lowest for an Internet trade, a mid level for an "automatic" telephone trade (no human involved) and the highest level for a "broker assisted" trade. Those reflect their costs.

I'm not saying those are her reasons, but it is a business choice that she has made. She does not really need to defend her charges especially in light of the fact that they are certainly anything but unreasonable at $38.50.

That she didn't use a cold pack is another story entirely...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!