ExoticPetsSW - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:35 PM   #61
Gary O
I have a question here. I know snake guy asking a four legger question.

What does the average Tremper line Blizzard go for? and to the leo people. What would a Bell Blizzard go for.

Is this person charging more then a tremper is worth? If Bell does not have a line yet it seems you could get a bit more cash for them right? Would you say this is the case for the price they are offered for?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #62
TripleMoonsExotic
I expect once Bell BB's hatch and survive they will be worth several hundred dollars if not a thousand. You can pick up hatchling Tremper BB's right now for $40-100 a piece.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #63
Gary O
Thanks Steph! So this is just a person thinking they have a bell Line becuase the bought from the Bell's. It happens but If I were the seller i would be fixing this.

Thanks for the info.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #64
blueapplepaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
There is a difference. One can set up for web orders to be automatically processed and entered into your bookkeeping and inventory software whereas a telephone order not only ties up the line and takes the time of the person who takes the order (who may be an hourly employee), those processes then may need to be done manually.

Giving customers a perk or a discount for using an online ordering system when one is available is not completely unheard of in business these days. For instance, some brokerage houses charge three levels of fees, the lowest for an Internet trade, a mid level for an "automatic" telephone trade (no human involved) and the highest level for a "broker assisted" trade. Those reflect their costs.

I'm not saying those are her reasons, but it is a business choice that she has made. She does not really need to defend her charges especially in light of the fact that they are certainly anything but unreasonable at $38.50.

That she didn't use a cold pack is another story entirely...
Yes, I suppose this is true. Good point. However, she still violated her own TOS by not providing a cold pack.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:13 AM   #65
Cat_72
Quote:
There is a difference. One can set up for web orders to be automatically processed and entered into your bookkeeping and inventory software whereas a telephone order not only ties up the line and takes the time of the person who takes the order (who may be an hourly employee), those processes then may need to be done manually.

Giving customers a perk or a discount for using an online ordering system when one is available is not completely unheard of in business these days. For instance, some brokerage houses charge three levels of fees, the lowest for an Internet trade, a mid level for an "automatic" telephone trade (no human involved) and the highest level for a "broker assisted" trade. Those reflect their costs.

I'm not saying those are her reasons, but it is a business choice that she has made. She does not really need to defend her charges especially in light of the fact that they are certainly anything but unreasonable at $38.50.

That she didn't use a cold pack is another story entirely...
I agree Jim....I have no beef with the fact that different ordering methods can and often do bring about different pricing.

The problem I have is that she used the extra shipping cost of a larger box as an excuse to not use a cold pack, when she clearly stated that she can ship ANY size of box for the same price.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:32 AM   #66
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I agree Jim....I have no beef with the fact that different ordering methods can and often do bring about different pricing.

The problem I have is that she used the extra shipping cost of a larger box as an excuse to not use a cold pack, when she clearly stated that she can ship ANY size of box for the same price.
Thank you.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #67
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
In doing my best to decipher her meaning, and to look at it in the best possible light, I think she may have meant the same price to the customer. I did not see where she said it was the same cost to her (though I haven't re-read the entire thread). She most likely pays different prices for different shipments and has figured out a price to charge that is fair to herself (and not bad for customers also). And again, she made clear that the "one shipping charge fits all" price was only for Internet orders, and this order did not qualify. Therefore, if a bigger box was used she may well have been entitled to charge more for shipping.

Again, the problem really is that the customer wanted a cold pack, one was most certainly warranted, and she opted not to use one, allegedly to save the customer money. It doesn't seem that the customer, who may well have agreed to a higher shipping charge, was consulted.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #68
shrap
Quote:
In doing my best to decipher her meaning, and to look at it in the best possible light, I think she may have meant the same price to the customer. I did not see where she said it was the same cost to her (though I haven't re-read the entire thread). She most likely pays different prices for different shipments and has figured out a price to charge that is fair to herself (and not bad for customers also). And again, she made clear that the "one shipping charge fits all" price was only for Internet orders, and this order did not qualify. Therefore, if a bigger box was used she may well have been entitled to charge more for shipping.
Here you go Jim, decipher these. Which are direct quotes of hers.

Quote:
See they reassess my rates for better discounts with the more volume I do. One reason I can offer $38.50 shipping to anyone on any size or weight box.
Followed by this fine nugget of hers.

Quote:
I will not use a larger box when it is not needed. That would make my customer pay more for shipping when it is not necessary.
So which is it? She can offer $38.50 shipping to anyone on any size or weight box or it costs more to ship a box that needs a cold pack? I mean really, how much bigger does the box have to be to add a cold pack?

It is all a bunch of excuse making BS double talk and has been from the very beginning.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #69
Jim O
Sammy,

I don't see any inconsistency there. She never said she pays the same no matter the size or the weight. She says the customer pays the same no matter the size or the weight but only on web orders, not on telephone orders. This was evidently not a web order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExoticPetsWS
$38.50 when you purchase from the website.

~ not over the phone.

~ not through the mail.

~ not wholesale.

~ not any other way.
Seems pretty straightforward to me...

Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #70
shrap
I guess we all see things differently sometimes, Jim.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!