The BOI is getting just to be a little "Jerry Springer" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
Great Lakes Reptiles
The BOI is getting just to be a little "Jerry Springer"

Don't get me wrong the BOI is an important forum, but is it just me or do you think some of the people the come here are the same type that dream about being on Jerry springer? I see a lot of unnecessary posts, that they're only purpose in to add more drama, there's just way to many trolls posting unnecessary BS if you ask me!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #2
Great Lakes Reptiles
Oops! that should read, is getting just a little to Jerry Springer> sorry Its about time I got some sleep!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Reptiles
Don't get me wrong the BOI is an important forum, but is it just me or do you think some of the people the come here are the same type that dream about being on Jerry springer? I see a lot of unnecessary posts, that they're only purpose in to add more drama, there's just way to many trolls posting unnecessary BS if you ask me!
You mean like the post you just made? It seems to fit the description you provided, unnecessary etc.

A post which also violates the rules of the BOI and will undoubtedly be moved to a more proper forum as soon as one of the mods notices it.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:22 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
You made similar comments in the Canadian BOI about 3 weeks ago...were you just so thrilled with what you came up with that you just had to bring it here? The fact that there have been an increasing number of off topic posts on the BOI is no secret...but this thread and your original post on the Canadian side are nothing more than extensions of the problem. This doesn't belong here. It is more suited to Fauna Feedback or Sound Off

Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
Great Lakes Reptiles
I made similar comments, but didnt start a thread about the subject. Id just like to hear what some of you think that's all, maybe most of you enjoy it who knows, It drives me nuts when reading a thread full of silly useless comments.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
Jim O
Quote:
I made similar comments, but didnt start a thread about the subject. Id just like to hear what some of you think that's all, maybe most of you enjoy it who knows, It drives me nuts when reading a thread full of silly useless comments.
You should know better than to start a BOI thread about it. This belongs in the Feedback forum.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 AM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Then dont read the BOI. plain and simple.

Its just how it is. and its not going to change anytime soon. Posts made on the BOI that might seem off topic after a thread has already begun, may still very well be related in some way, and while there can be lots of personal stuff going on, most... not all,most posts remain pretty relevant to the threads.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 AM   #8
Great Lakes Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

Its just how it is. and its not going to change anytime soon. Posts made on the BOI that might seem off topic after a thread has already begun, may still very well be related in some way, and while there can be lots of personal stuff going on, most... not all,most posts remain pretty relevant to the threads.
OK well I guess its just me then

Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 AM   #9
hhmoore
No - it isn't just you. But the BOI wasn't the place for the discussion. Think about it - all you did was perpetuate the problem you are complaining about.
Now that it is an appropriate forum, let's consider the possibilities...how can we remedy the situation? There was a period of fairly rigid rules, and enforcement that was as strict as could be expected given the volume:moderator ratios. Unfortunately, or fortunately - depending on your outlook, it was recognized that the potential for allowing a scammer to use the system to his advantage was a detriment to the BOI. The rules were relaxed. Off topic posting was once a warnable offense...but, frequently, it was the seemingly off topic banter that aided in outing the bad guys. At what point was it diversionary vs disruption? How much leeway should be allowed? Can restraints be applied fairly and consistently, and still allow for case by case consideration (if you can answer yes, please explain how - - there are many people that would love to have some guidelines).

Yes, things get sidetracked...and that often makes the threads tedious to follow. BUT, the BOI works, and it is hard to argue with success. Many, if not most, of us would love to find a way to get all the benefits of the free-for-all approach while keeping threads on track and minimizing side discussion. Unfortunately, it just isn't that easy.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #10
romad119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle

Moo,

We are discussing changing things so before you chastise him, stop and feel the pulse.

He is far from alone in this feeling and it is being highly discussed.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!