Anyone dealt with Boca Reptiles? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #21
Neil Gubitz
Rob.... From my understanding, Kim got a chargeback from her credit card, so, in essence, she has been paid back for her $623.... she will probably tell you that herself....

I am taking your advice, Rob, and I just put in a call to Leut. Steve Delacure of the FL F&G to see what my legal obligations are in regards to buying animals (and selling them) from people that don't have a FL license (I haven't done EITHER, yet).... obviously, I don't (and won't) do anything illegally....

Mr. Delacure will get back to me in a day or so.... until then.... everything is on hold, as far as me helping Sal goes....

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 03:10 PM   #22
JungleHabitats
well since questions are being asked

I would like to know why that you in more then just one mistake here or there ripped people off ?

I cant remember the nme but there was a male customer that posted on KS foums ( caging husbandry) that he never received his cages he orderd back first week of december .

I to think that Sal should list the people he wronged or never sent cages to but took there money.This would prove that they were paid or received compensation.And then if they could come and back up the fact that there were made right . And im sure he knows all the names of the people who were taken by him .

What about the 3 of the 4 complaints that were filed with the NY BBB i recall a not so distant post i think Kim Tall posted the info she found out that there were three unsatisfied complaints back up there ?

Why didnt you refund Vinnie his money on the busted cage when it happened why did you put thetask ofthat upto him? and you deal with UPS to get your money?

Why with Kim , & theother gentleman did you take there money and repeatedly tell them "cages were being shipped out when you knew they were not ?

Why did you think you could just take peoples money and not ever give them anything in return ?

Would you have done all this out of the goodness of your heart to repay there people you took money from IF Neil didnt give you money ?

Would you have done ANY of this if you had not been caught by members here for selling animals w/out a liscense?

Would you have admitted you were running Boca Reptiles if all of the events of this week had not come about ?

When you say ALL of the people you owe money to does that truely mean ALLLLLL of them ( being any possible amounts of monies owed to others not reptile related) money possibly owed by your remodeling buisness ?

I understand that you may want to try to make up for what you did but why did you goto Florida and just "slide out in the middle of the night & not contact the people you accepted $ for in december to build cages for ?and tell them that you were relocating to Florida ? that just seems like the only reason you have posted what you have is for fear of FWC of Fla leveling fines on you for not being legal to do so ?

i think all of these questions are ones that deserve answers and from Sal not Neil .

Neil i have to say you have more faith in humanity esp Sal then you actually deserve and that wasnt a knock at you or about you.I think that what you did to pay off his debts is a lil beyond me ... anyway glad to know his customers " have been paid back"

Old 02-26-2004, 03:19 PM   #23
Neil Gubitz
Alan.... for me, that's a VERY easy question to answer.... when it comes to FRIENDS.... If I can help, I WILL.... if I can't, I'll TRY!!

I'll leave all other questions for Sal to answer himself.... I'm his friend, not his Father....

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 03:23 PM   #24
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Neil,

You have had your Class III license long enough to know you are not allowed to purchase animals from an unlicensed entity. No one is allowed to sell animals in the state of Florida without a license (this goes for online, at shows, in the news paper, to pet stores, to the general public, to other dealers, etc. etc.). How many times did you get people coming into your store and wanting to sell animals and you purchased them without asking and checking to see if they had their license? Probably quite a bit. Be glad that no one caught you back them and that the FWC Lt. in your area did not do a paper inspection and verify the source of your animals that were for sale.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:28 PM   #25
Neil Gubitz
Alan.... I found this in a thread from Kim....

....i made a claim with my credit card company and they have credited my account for the 623.00. Thank goodness I used my credit card....

So Kim HAS been reimbursed....

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #26
kimtall
How have I been taken care of Neil?!

How is it that I have been taken care of Neil?! Sal ignored my emails, his phone was disconnected and his web sites went down. He made absalutely no attempt to refund my money or ship me my cage. He owes me an appology at the very least!!! Yes I got a refund from my credit card company, but has Sal paid them back??? The ethics that you and Sal posess amaize me. Because my credit card company refunded my money Sal made it right with me??? Are you that unethical Neil? The fact that you are helping him, makes you just as bad and he is. As for him "doing things the right way this time", nobody hold your breath. Anyone who conducts business the way Sal has for so long is not going to change. A leopard cannot change his spots. People like Sal and Neil are what's wrong with the world today. JMHO!

Old 02-26-2004, 04:35 PM   #27
Neil Gubitz
Kim.... I have no idea what transpired between the two of you.... I'm his friend, NOT his keeper.... I had nothing to do with what went on with the two of you, nor do I want to know.... that was HIS business.... don't put me in that boat when I had nothing to do with it.... If I thought he did the right thing, I wouldn't have spent my time and money correcting some of the things that went wrong FOR HIM.... not ME!.... You're right, he owes you an apology at the very least, but to call me unethical for trying to help a friend, is way out of line.... had I known about your problem, I probably would have tried to help with that one, too, and you wouldn't have had to wait to charge it back.... but, don't say I'm as bad as he is because I helped make right, the things that went wrong.... you should be so lucky as to have a friend like me.

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #28
JungleHabitats
Neil ....

Lets look at the FACTS in this case ok ...

FACT:

Sal has stolen YES stolen money from many people over the years hell even MONTH of December for the fact, which is more then likely how he got to Florida on other peoples money .. not his own ...

FACT :
If you did not Pay Kim's CC company back then things are not settled ...Did you Or are you going to take your friends word he paid EVERYbody back he wronged / stole from?

Quote:
I'm his friend, NOT his keeper.... I had nothing to do with what went on with the two of you, nor do I want to know.... that was HIS business.... don't put me in that boat when I had nothing to do with it....
If you are not his keeper then why bail him out of a mud hole he dug ? so you have put your self in HIS boat

Quote:
had I known about your problem, I probably would have tried to help with that one, too, and you wouldn't have had to wait to charge it back
so does this mean Sal didnt tell the person that was going to pay off his debts about everyone he stole from ? or is so many he doesnt know ?

Do you know for sure Sal paid off any of his debts ? just trying to see were this 3rd time changed man has changed cause if he didnt tell you about Kims deal then id say he isnt making ALL of them right , also if he isnt getting Balls for or repaying OTTER then things are not yet right ... i know you hate to hear this Neil but these are things that should be made right and i would imagine that the amount he owes Kims CC company has probably got papers out for him in NY due to the amount being over $200.00 so i would think Sal may have a lil " unfinished " buisness there to tend to . good luck someones going to need it

Old 02-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #29
Neil Gubitz
Alan.... When Sal gets back on tonight.... ask him....

Neil

Old 02-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #30
Otter_23
Sal,
You can email me at mwesty@nisswa.net. Or leave me your email address or phone number. Thanks
Mark Westberg

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!