Anyone dealt with Boca Reptiles? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2004, 07:20 PM   #61
tknetman
Arrow Getting OT

Quote:
Originally posted by alvaro
What kind of chameleons did you buy?
Regards.
Since we're going way off topic here, I made a new thread to talk about my new purchase.

OT thread

I hope that's the right place for it...

Old 02-27-2004, 07:36 PM   #62
reptilechick
Good Guy

Ok~
I know I am going to get one heck of a bashing here, and ya know what, I could care less!! I think what Neil did for Sal is admirable! Any friend that would do that for another deserves major props!!
Tricia Smith

Old 02-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #63
Wilomn
Look at it this way Tricia.

Your cousin salito comes to visit you from New York. He has been in trouble many times for lying and deception. He's been caught stealing more than two or three times as well. But he's your friend.

Now, while you're at the grocery with cousin salito, picking up dinner fixin's, a nice little old lady comes by with her purse open and he wallet in plain sight. Cousin salito remarked that it was easliy seen.

Not too long after his comment you see the poor little old lady talking to the manager, more like crying to the manager because she has lost her wallet. She doesn't know where it could have gotten to.

Before you and cousin salito got to the store you were going to have to buy the beer because he was broke. However, when it came time to check out he bought a bottle of tequila.

Before cousin salito came to stay with you his ex-girlfriend called and told you that he had been ripping off old people, stealing their money with some sort of phone scam and that she thought he had even stolen a purse or two and so did the cops.

On the way home you see cousin salito throw out a purse that looks just like the one the little old lady had in the grocery store. He was trying to be sneaky but you saw it plain and simple. You know he ripped off the nice little old lady, there is no doubt in your mind he did it. He's your friend though, don't forget that.

The cops come knocking on your door to ask if you know anything about the missing purse. You say you don't. He's your friend.

Somehow the little old lady, the nice one from the market, finds out that you live in the neighborhood and she stops by to ask if you know anything about her missing money. It's all she has until the 2nd of next month. She's on Social Security.

Now what?

It may be a little out of context but harboring a criminal is harboring a criminal.

salito is not some dumb kid that stole some candy. He's a REPEAT offender.

gubitz is covering for him.

Wes Pollock

Old 02-27-2004, 08:05 PM   #64
reptilechick
Neil

How is Neil covering for him?? From what I can tell, Neil is HELPING him paying off his debts! I would tell the friend to make it right, and if that friend didn't, I would make it right for him/her. I would do everything in my power to make it right...One way or another. I think your ANALOGY is comparing apples to oranges..
Tricia Smith

Old 02-27-2004, 08:10 PM   #65
Neil Gubitz
Wes.... do you know what sexual position produces the most moronic children on the face of this Earth??

Ask your mother!!

Had Sal done what you said.... I'd have turned him in in a heartbeat!.... Try not to be such an idiot all your life, huh??

Neil

Old 02-27-2004, 08:19 PM   #66
JungleHabitats
ok ...

So he didnt steal some nice lil old ladies money in which you would turn him in a minute ....

but since he stole money from MANY people which some as of this afternoon had not been paid back ( they posted it and so did someone else on a person for a bad check)
So since that is a "faceless crime" its ok to help him out?????

Wether its reaching in a purse to steal it .... yaking it off your dresser to get it or TAKE it over the internet where he doesnt see them face to face that makes it all ok?

Where is Sal? i thought he said he was gonna answer all the questions people were going to ask?

Old 02-27-2004, 08:20 PM   #67
gila7150
Quote:
Had Sal done what you said.... I'd have turned him in in a heartbeat!....
Does that mean you're going to turn him in for stealing $600 from Shannon and $125 from Mike?
At what point do his crimes become serious enough?

Old 02-27-2004, 08:22 PM   #68
reptilechick
OMG

OK~
Well, I just got off the phone with Neil a little while ago, and ya know what??? I think he is a stand up guy...Yes, I am new to this site, but I cannot stand by and watch everyone jump on a bandwagon bashing someone who did something, in my opinion, is admirable. I would proud to be able one day to call Neil my friend. From what I see, Ya all need to bash other's people reputations and actions, because ya all have some skeletons in your closets!!!!
Tricia Smith

Old 02-27-2004, 08:27 PM   #69
kimtall
Ticia,
You are comparing apples and oranges, by not understanding Wes's comparision, which is a great one I must say.

Neil is aiding and abedding a known criminal period. How someone cannot see this is beyond me. I am all about helping my friends and do so in anyway I can. My friends would never commit a crime and I would not have to cover for them, so I would never be put in Neils situation. i would never be friends with someone like Sal in the first place. That is the difference between me and Neil and anyone else like him. A criminal would not be my friend period. There is no excuse for breaking the law.

Old 02-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #70
Brian Oakley
Tricia,
I agree, as I said on this very thread about what Neil did was a nice thing for a friend.
Like you said, you are NEW to this site. How many searches have you done on Neil and or his companies? JUST WONDERING. I have no first hand info on anyting Neil does when it comes to reptiles and I agree, every thread that has his name in it turns into a circus.

I have not bought anything from Neil before, but we have had some talks via email and things are fine.

Just find it tough for someone to come on here as a "new" person and tell everyone they do not know what they are talking about. I WOULD SAY THE SAME THING if someone came on here as a 'new' person and said the same to Neil OR anyone else. Just a heavy statement/s you made for someone who obviously does nnot know the history, good or bad.

In closing, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the circus!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!