Redneck Reptiles in Nv??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #1
DRUSS
Redneck Reptiles in Nv???

I bought a male stonewash pastel from Myles Mcdougal of Redneck Reptiles for $2550 on August 4, 2005. We agreed on a shipping date of Aug 8. No red flags until the arrival date (tuesday) came and went. After 3 emails to Myles, I got a resonse from him saying he forgot. I started to get worried, so asked for a refund back. Usuaslly you don't forget a $2550 snake. And if you do, you inform the person expecting the snake a little earlier then the day after it is due to arrive.

Myles initially said he would refund the money, but is now refusing a refund. I filed a complaint with paypal (who I sent money through) on August 10. Paypal gives the seller 10 days to respond, and so far he hasn't.

I have asked for Myles contact information 4 times, he told me in his last email to me that I don't need it. This doesn't sound like a professionally ran business.

I will post updates about this when available. I just wanted to give everybody a heads up about this guy. I'm sure some people have had good transactions with this place. But I haven't and so far I'm still waiting on my $2550.

If anybody has any contact info for Redneck Reptiles in Nevada, I would be very appreciative. The phone number on their website is a cell phone for a Mandy.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 08-14-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Joe,

I am very sorry to hear about this but the rule in order to be able to post on here is that you provide your full name. I would suggest that you edit your profile to include your full name so to prevent this thread from being deleted.

Old 08-14-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
DRUSS
Sorry, forgot

My full name is Joe Russell - forgot to add that to the original post

Old 08-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #4
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS
My full name is Joe Russell - forgot to add that to the original post
Joe,

You can put your full name in your profile by clicking on "User CP" and this eliminated the need to sign your post. Alternatively you can create a signature through the "User CP" with your full name. Either will suffice.

Perhaps it would help if you posted all of the e-mails between you and him, as well as a screen shot of the original ad if you can, a web address, and any other info. Any pictures that he sent you can be attached to a post. Sometimes someone will spot a pirated picture and close the case for you.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
DRUSS
Jim,

Myles Mcdougal responded to an ad I had on kingsnake stating I was looking for a breeder lemon male pastel. I can email anybody pics of the male he sent me if you wish. I'm not sure how to post pics on here yet. His website is www.redneckreptiles.com The only contact info given on the site is his wife's cell number.

Right now I'm really just looking for any contact information people might have on this guy **Myles Mcdougal**
His site has some pretty nice snakes, but I can't believe the only contact he would offer is his wife's cell. Honestly I should have done more research before sending him the money.

Joe Russell

Old 08-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
TylerStewart
I don't know of him besides seeing him on the vendor list for next month's Anaheim NARBC show (I noticed his "702" area code, same as mine). Doesn't the name "Redneck Reptiles" kinda make you wonder, though? Reminds me of the guy that got scammed by "Ha Ha Reptiles...."

Old 08-14-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
brucestephenson
Ther is a Redneck Reptiles that offers a pair of albino sulcata tortoises on KS a few times a year. I don't know if this is the same guy. A friend of mine asked me for advice on buying these, and I told him that:

1. I would be very leery of buying from anyone named Redneck Reptiles.

2. It looks like the same tortoise(s) for sale every time.

3. For a reptile that sells for around ten thousand dollars or more, I would
drive or fly out to see before buying and purchase then and there, cash
and carry.

I am sorry that your guy apparently got you good.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:27 PM   #8
DRUSS
Here is a pic of the male he sent me. I am not sure where to turn to file complaints against him. I have notified the police in his area, Henderson Nevada, and filed a complaint of theft for the amount.

I am still waiting on paypal to see what they do. They give him 10 days from the time I filed a complaint for him to respond or resolve. So far he has done nothing.

Your right, I should have been leary just from the name. Now I know why not many people have heard of Myles Mcdougal or his business.

This is more of a warning to other people to stay clear of this guy, so they don't get ripped off either.

I will post updates from this when I can.

Thanks

Joe Russell
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2005, 09:32 PM   #9
brucestephenson
Yes! Got him! The guy with the albino sulcata deal on KS a few times a year lists his location as Henderson with no state and no real name.

Hey Myles, Send this guy his money, now.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS
Jim,

Myles Mcdougal responded to an ad I had on kingsnake stating I was looking for a breeder lemon male pastel. I can email anybody pics of the male he sent me if you wish. I'm not sure how to post pics on here yet. His website is www.redneckreptiles.com The only contact info given on the site is his wife's cell number.

Right now I'm really just looking for any contact information people might have on this guy **Myles Mcdougal**
His site has some pretty nice snakes, but I can't believe the only contact he would offer is his wife's cell. Honestly I should have done more research before sending him the money.
I couldn't find anything on him but the following is from the website:
Quote:
Redneck Reptiles is a company made up of two people. Myles McDougal & Terry Mueller. A son-in-law & father-in-law operation. We specialize in Ball Python Morphs. We are based out of Henderson, Nevada . We started out with 4 ball pythons in 2003 and now we have over 500! Including around forty some morphs and designers! Some say we're crazy (our wives), but we love it.
I am guessing that the following, from WhitePages.com is the father-in-law/partner:
Quote:
Mueller, Sharon & Terry
Henderson, NV 89015
(702) 564-6489
I hope this helps. If you know the wife's name, I can do a search on her too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!