Redneck Reptiles in Nv??? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #31
DRUSS
Ken

I'm not sure what you meant by me having a relation with Tim/Rainwater...if I read that correct. Its late. I don't have any, just to clear that up...but I would like to thank you for your mediation. I think you made a good point. This could have been handled differently, but I got spooked when the guy I sent $2550 to declined sending me his contact info. With how this hobby has become over the last couple of years with a lot of scammers...its hard to know who is who.

I hope I am mistaken and Myles is just bad with money. Myles, I'm not sure if you read this, but I hope I was mistaken in your judgement. If so, then I am sorry.

Thank you
Joe Russell

Old 08-16-2005, 12:36 AM   #32
Wilomn
Hey Ken, way to go. I guess. LOL

IF both of these guys really are trustworthy and this really was just a cluster---- then it should be obvious soon enough.

Ken's advice was sound, move on and keep doing good. That was what I got from his HUNDREDTHOUSANDWORDPARAGRAPH.

At least there is no out and out bad guy in this one. So far. I hope.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:38 AM   #33
DRUSS
Wilomn,
I think Ken has very sound advice...

Joe Russell

Old 08-16-2005, 02:32 AM   #34
Ken Foose
Wes, I type the same way I talk. This is why I try to avoid posting on here any more then I have to. See ya

Old 08-16-2005, 09:08 AM   #35
Jim O
So in reading what you said, Ken, there is a bit more to the story than was initially posted. The seller made three mistakes. First, being associated with a known scumbag, though this was unknown to Joe at the time and so was not relevant to the initiation or cancellation of this purchase and sale. Second, Myles "forgot" to ship on the agreed upon date and "forgot" to notify Joe in a timely manner. This raised all kinds of red flags for Joe, understandably so. The third "mistake", if it is a mistake, is spending some or all of the money before shipping the animal. Here some people will disagree, but I don't feel this is in the least bit unethical if he intended to ship the animal in question. How people capitalize their businesses and manage their cash flow varies from business to business. As long as Myles honestly represented the animal and planned to deliver it as promised then it was his money to spend. What if the seller had said "I can't receive the snake for a month because I am going on vacation"? Should Myles have tied up the snake and the money for that month? I don't think so.

What we weren't told initially were the other two sides of the story, Myles' side and the truth. It seems Myles was more than apologetic for what may have been an honest oversight and even offered an additional snake as compensation. Joe wanted none of this, but never mentioned it in his initial or subsequent posts. Then a complaint was filed with PayPal which froze the account, and as we know from two recent threads, that makes it impossible to even add funds to the account without sending money directly to PayPal.

So...yes, Myles screwed up by not shipping. Joe may have overreacted just a bit and jumped the gun on filing a PayPal complaint, and now the errors are being resolved.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:18 AM   #36
CJBianco
Summary

So let me get this straight...

1. Redneck Reptiles is a 100% legitimate business.

2. Redneck Reptiles made an honest mistake in not shipping on time.

3. Redneck Reptiles made a good faith effort to resolve the situation.

4. Redneck Reptiles refused to give any contact information.

5. Redneck Reptiles was associated in the past with a known criminal.

Everything sounds fair and good except for the last two statements. Is this true? Did Redneck Reptiles really refuse to give any contact information? Did Redneck Reptiles knowingly do business with a criminal?

Confused,
Chris

Old 08-16-2005, 11:39 AM   #37
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBianco
So let me get this straight...

1. Redneck Reptiles is a 100% legitimate business.

2. Redneck Reptiles made an honest mistake in not shipping on time.

3. Redneck Reptiles made a good faith effort to resolve the situation.

4. Redneck Reptiles refused to give any contact information.

5. Redneck Reptiles was associated in the past with a known criminal.

Everything sounds fair and good except for the last two statements. Is this true? Did Redneck Reptiles really refuse to give any contact information? Did Redneck Reptiles knowingly do business with a criminal?

Confused,
Chris
Actually, as to number 4, there was contact information, a cell phone and an e-mail address. However, the buyer wanted a physical address or alternate contact information and was not given it. As for number 5, yes the seller is currently in business with a felonious scumbag according to what has been verified by Ken. However, if his intent was not to defraud the buyer that is not really relevant to anything but the seller's poor judgement.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:51 AM   #38
Ken Foose
Yes, I tend to agree. Joe did leave out some rather important information in his posts. He did not mention that Myles offered an additional snake to make up for the mistake. That's not really an issue now. I don't feel there was any harm meant by either party. As for Myles not giving up his home address, under normal conditions I would not either. If Myles has as many high end pythons sitting in his house as he says he does, there is no way anyone would know where I live. In fact, although I have a store open to the public, and anyone can come on by any day they want, there is no way I'm giving my home information out to anyone either. I have about $200,000 worth of herps in my house, and Myles appears to have many times more then that in his. I don't blame him at all. In fact, I'll just say I don't blame anyone here, it was a bad misunderstanding, and we should just let them work it through the system and let it be. As far as the Rainwater connection, that's Myles choice, not ours. It is also the buyers choice whether to do business with Myles because of this connection or not. Myles is ok in my book, and so is Joe, even if he left out some important communication information between himself and the seller. Such is life.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:13 PM   #39
CJBianco
Whew! I'm glad everything is okay. I'd hate for a person's good name to be accidentally trashed because of a simple misunderstanding. That would suck.

Crystal Clear,
Chris

Old 08-16-2005, 12:16 PM   #40
CJBianco
"She turned me into a newt...I got better!"

I sometimes recall the words "very small rocks" and smile.

Good quote.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!