Inquiry Backwater reptiles? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
rsellers44
Question Backwater reptiles?

Hello all, i was just wondering if anyone has had any good/ bad experiances with them. Ive found a few threads about theyre questionable actions but really nothing on any animal purchases. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 AM   #2
longfeather99
i ordered some geckos from them not too long ago. They had them listed as one thing but they turned out to be something else ( site said Australian marbled geckos, but were actually butterfly geckos). I contacted them and they actually called me back the same day. They refunded the money, and actually took my suggestion and changed the name of the gecko on the website to show the actual species. Overall it wasn't what i would call a great experience, but they guys are honest and make good on mistakes.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #3
rsellers44
Im still torn about ordering. Theres soo many good and bad reviews on them. I've heard there a drop shipper but they're the only place I can find selling cuviers caimans. Ill just have try and see I guess. Anyone else...... any thoughts?

Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #4
hhmoore
You've "heard" they're drop shippers? Please clarify.
*To be clear, I understand the term drop shipper; I'm asking where you got that information

Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
rsellers44
It was a term that seemed to come up quite often when researching them, a site that uses the term and mentions fauna is: http://www.reptilewebsitereviews.com/, I hope that helps, I tried to copy and paste the url.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
hhmoore
The reason I was asking, of course, is the rule against anonymous third party quotations. If you are posting information you get from other people (as opposed to your own experience), it has to be attributed to the source (with real names - not a website or screen name).
consider this your warning, and a suggestion that you better familiarize yourself with the rules for posting on the BOI

The claim I saw here about Backwater being a drop shipper was made by a staunch proponent of a competing company...a person that made the same claim about a couple businesses. That doesn't make it untrue, necessarily, but it raises enough doubt that I would consider it suspect if I couldn't confirm the information via other sources.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
bobtard
Would you put your money at risk dealing with someone with a bad past?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
hhmoore
If that is directed at me, no, I wouldn't bother with Backwater. The fact that they created an account here under a fake name/location in order to post a bad guy thread against competitor showed enough about their ethics to keep me away. Granted, they were first maligned by the proponent of that competitor; but that doesn't make their response any more palatable. (and, yes, I feel confident that the bad guy thread was purely retaliatory, and false) One could argue that it was simply bad judgement, and lots of new companies do the same stupid things; but until they have a proven track record they wouldn't see a dime of my money (assuming that my interests changed enough that I would be interested in the animals they sell).

Old 04-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Johnenewt1
Yeah, I've asked them many times to send a pic of the animals they have for sale, but they just plainly refuse to do so. How do they expect to conduct business in this manner, if we can't even see the pet that we're purchasing? I'm not taking the gamble.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #10
hhmoore
If they are drop shipping, as has been claimed, they don't have the animals in their possession...so sending pics wouldn't be possible.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!