Show us your incubators - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
thesnakeman
Show us your incubators

Mine is home made. I designed it based on lot's of research. It's made of 1" thick blue styrofoam insulation board. I just built a 4'x2'x2' box with a double thickness of the stuff. Making it 2" thick, with an R value of about a bazillion. Then I secured a sheet of glass to the bottom to dispurse heat, and protect from melting by the heat source. The heat source is just a Zoo Med heat pad, taped to the glass. Suspended above the heat pad, and blowing down on it, is a 12vlt. cooling fan,[like the one in your computer]. It runs all the time, and circulates the air, and dispurses the heat from the pad throughout the unit. Above that is a shelf which stands on 6 legs, and has a 1" gap all the way around to allow freedom of air, and heat flow. I left enough space for another shelf later if this works out. On top of the shelf are four egg boxes, with substrate of choice. Which for me is a mixture of equal parts {by volume} of vermiculite, perlite, and sphagnum moss. The temperature is controled by {in my opinion} the best darn thermostat on the market. A digital proportional with remote temperature sensor, from Big Apple. I know that Indigo eggs don't require much heat, but the temperature in my house fluctuates quite a bit. So I wanted to make sure. I inserted a "Acu*Rite" meat thermometer in the top, and I double check temps with an infra-red temp. gun. This thing will maintain a constant, exact temp. all the way up to 95 degrees with very little electricity. Now let's see what youv'e got.
T.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
robin d.
ok i do not breed any Drymarchons but this is what i use to incubate... works like a charm and is always at a consistant temp... accurate as hell
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #3
Ophis
Check out this link for what I think is a nice set up. I plan on building one like it, as what I am using now is too small and not as accurate.http://www.kingsnake.com/salceies/Incubator.htm

Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
dwedeking

Here's our three:

Left: 90 degrees
Right: 85 degrees
Center: Room temp (chameleons) but the insulation keeps away drastic night time drops

Daniel Wedeking
Scales - Premium Exotic Reptiles
http://www.ExoticLizards.com

Old 05-11-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
robin d.
ok daniel you ARE the incubator KING..... i want a refridgerator incubator but dont have the room

Old 05-11-2005, 09:10 PM   #6
robin d.
p.s. what is that falic thing on the middle incubator?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!