Albino Boa Stolen! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
crotalusadamanteus
Exclamation Albino Boa Stolen!

I really need extra eyes right now, and I'm asking for your help.

On May 29th, 2008 I was to bring My big '99 F3 Albino (Aurora) female into the vet for blood work, due to her not really acting her usual self. She was eating, but with none of the gusto she has had for the past 9 years. So I load her into my green ARMY laundry bag, and take her in.

I stopped at the Circle K to grab some coffee, and as a last minute gesture, I rolled down her window for airflow, as it's been 100° out here already.

I drink black coffee, so I know I wasn't in there more than 2 minutes max. When I returned, I noticed the whole bag was missing from the vehicle. I'll leave out all the cussing that took place between me and the 911 operator and the police when they finally showed up. Suffice it to say, I wasn't in very good control of myself at the time.

Police report has been filed, animal control notified, all the vets in town have been given pictures, and asked to keep a look out, the Zoo also has been notified, and some of the pet shops in town that I think would actually call me if she came in. Other pet shops in this town, unfortunately, are not to be trusted, and would keep her, stolen or not, just as fast as she was brought in.

I don't really think they even know what they took. I don't see how anyone COULD know, as I didn't exactly announce my intentions. My biggest fear at the moment is that they opened the bag, saw a huge boa and dumped her on the road somewhere. I can only hope someone who is into reptiles got her, and will make an effort at keeping her, or try to sell her and I'll get word about it.

I am coming to the idea that she is gone, and I'm not likely to get her back. But in the off chance that the culprit is familiar with reptile classifieds, I have come here asking for people to keep an eye out. I am fairly certain I am the only person in this town with an Albino Boa, and for sure the only one in this town with a full grown adult female. So if one should pop up for sale in El Paso, I would ask that I get notified immediately, and I'll take it from there. If you have info, and it leads to my girls recovery, I'll give a $250 reward for the info.

Aurora is 8 ft plus a few inches, she weighs 25 lbs last weigh in, and she just had a litter, so she is still a little thin from that. She has a microchip, and a 13 inch scar that runs down the right side of her neck from surgery.

Her scar

Last picture I have of her

This is not just some brood female albino, she is my dearest pet. Even without the fondness I have for her, she is not a replaceable animal. She is one of the last Albino's with a very close relationship to the original WC albino male that started this whole mess. Her mom was one of Pete's original F1 Het albinos, and her dad was one of the first F2 albinos born in the US. She is not a replaceable animal by any means.

Like I said, I am trying to face the idea that recovery is a lost hope, but it ain't in me to just give up trying. Please, this is an important animal to me, and if any info happens to come up, if anyone happens to see an adult albino for sale coming from El Paso, TX, PLEASE, let me know via email at rick@sunsetbci.com or by phone 915-276-3384.

Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer.

A really sad Dad.
Rick

Old 06-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
Lucille
Rick, I'm so sorry
I will keep my eyes open. I have an idea, though: keep an eye on Craigslist, not just in your area but in surrounding Texas areas. anyone wanting to turn a fast buck might use it to advertise.
I really hope you get her back.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Damn, Rick. I don't know what to say. I'll keep my eye out in case she shows up online.

You or the officers probably thought of this already but any chance the cameras inside the store covered some of the parking lot? Maybe, a business close by that has cameras may have caught something?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
The BoidSmith
Sorry to hear that Rick. As you suggest they more than likely didn't even know what was in the bag. If I were you I would probably not count on what the police will do in this case. They are not going to be out looking for a "snake".

Old 06-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
crotalusadamanteus
Thanks for the support guys. I'm not sure they'll try and move her, but figured I better keep it as an option. I've been bookmarking craigslist links all morning. Good suggestion. I'm gonna book mark the surrounding states as well.

I've also made calls to the local wildlife & reptile rescues in the area.

I just really don't know how to deal with this right now.

Thanks again!
Rick

Old 06-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #6
Lucille
Also there is another classified system not as big as Craigslist called Kijiji, it might be worth checking out.

And there are advance notices of upcoming reptile shows, perhaps notices to those who put them on would be good.

You might appeal to the bigger rodent companies, if they all of a sudden start new large sales to an individual in your area especially if the new client asks a lot of newbie questions. They may not be willing to reveal names, but they might be perfectly willing to tell you that they have such a new client.

If the Circle K would let you post a picture and you could post a reward no questions asked, if the reward is bigger than the thief or his acquaintances could fence her on the street for, maybe $100, that might bring results.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
I've already dropped off 500 flyers at pet shops, vet clinics, animal control office, and stores near the area it happened. I offered the same $250 reward for info that leads to her recovery.

Never heard of that classified before, but I'll look.

Thanks again for all the support.
Rick

Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
Roy Munson
Oh man-- I'm so sorry to hear about this, Rick. I know how much you and Aurora have gone through together, and how much she means to you. I hope you recover her soon, and I wish every nasty consequence in the world on the stinking p.o.s. who lifted her. Best of luck...
-Dean

Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
and I wish every nasty consequence in the world on the stinking p.o.s. who lifted her. Best of luck...
-Dean
You ain't alone my friend. And therein lies the flaw in our system. Can't even beat down a scumbag without being jailed yourself.

Thanks for the kind words.
Rick

Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
hhmoore
Wow.
I'm so sorry to hear about that, Rick. I hope you get her back
<crosses fingers>

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!