Bad Guy Alex Motter Premier_Herps!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
Ryms41
Thumbs down Bad Guy Alex Motter Premier_Herps!!

Several months ago, I purchased a 100% HET for albino female BP from Alex. Transaction went well, he seemed like a stand up guy and it is a good looking snake. Once received and snake was sexed, I discovered that it is a male snake. I contacted Alex via e-mail, he stated that he did not know how it had happened and that he would be sending a replacement female snake in the mail. When nothing ever came in the mail, I contacted Alex again and asked for a refund as I no longer trusted that the snake was 100% HET. Alex agreed to refund the full purchase price of $530 by money order. The order was never received and I was told by Alex that he would look into what happened at the post office and he would be sending another money order immediately. It has now been over 4 weeks and Alex has not responded to any of my e-mails nor calls to the cell phone number he gave me. I have left messages asking for a resolution to the situation as I now have a male snake that is not at all what I purchased from Premier Herps. Good luck to anyone out there that decides to take their chances purchasing from this guy. I only hope that you have better luck then I have had.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:08 PM   #2
John E Dove
Mr. Stranahan,
Could you post your email exchanges with Mr. Motter?
Where did you hear of him and where is he from?

Old 01-19-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Ryms41
I found Premier Herps here on fauna. From the information here, conversations I had with him, as well as the shipping info from the snake I can confirm he is in Wyoming. I do not have the e-mails any longer unfortunately, did not think to save them until it was to late. Live and learn I guess.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
John E Dove
Have you notified him via email that you have posted this thread on the BOI?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #5
Ryms41
Yes I did.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #6
AnS01
Alex Motter has went by the name Alex Solon. There is an earlier thread about him attempting to scam someone using the name Bonafide Boas. Now he goes as Premier Herps. He is a scammer, plain and simple. I have already posted the following emails on the Alex Solon discussion, but I will place it here as well. Before posting the emails I will give a brief summary of mine and Alex's dealings. First, he sold me a pair of het pieds, male and female. I was supposed to receive proper documentation with them. However, when i received the snakes they both appeard to be female when I popped them. I also did not receive documentation. The following emails discuss the concerns I had with Alex, and then his proposed solutions to the problem, and then how he failed to come through with those solutions. The only constant that I have seen is that he uses the same address under both names. 900 E. 21st Street
Cheyenne, WY 82001.

Subj: Re: Het Pieds
Date: 9/25/2007 12:59:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: sjtfadd0@aol.
Hello Anthony,

I just got back last night from a conference in Vegas. I didn't check my email while there so sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you. I still haven't found the paperwork on her or on any of my other snakes for that matter. It has me quite worried and I'm not sure what to do. There is one other person waiting on paperwork as well. I'm all about good customer service and would like to know what you want to do if the paperwork isn't found. I'm also going to contact Jason tomorrow and see if he kept any copies of the paperwork. I doubt it since I bought the rest of his stock out, but its worth a try. Thank you again for your patience and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
Alex
On 9/24/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com > wrote:
Hi.
I have emailed you twice about photo ID and the name of the previous owner for the het pieds I have purchased from you. Your failure to respond has made me sort of nervous and has made me question the genetics of your hets. If you havent had the time to respond I understand, but failing to respond to my emails after a couple weeks makes me wonder.

Thanks

Anthony Fleming

Date: 9/27/2007 11:56:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time

To: sjtfadd0@aol.com

I'm not sure what's going on there but it looks like you and I have both been taken for a ride then. I'm all about making this right for you and will deal with the situation on this end with the other person. I have a proposition for you. I have a male spider that I would like to send you to make up for this. He is an 07 and is very nice. They go for about 500 apiece and I would like to ship you one to make up for the problem. At this time I don't have the funds to send you and won't for a week but would be more than happy to send you a spider ball to make up for it. Will this be acceptable to you? Please let me know and I can make this right with you. As I mentioned before I'm all about good customer service and your satisfaction. I'm not into giving false information or selling something that isn't what is described. I've been taken by this one as well and am as upset as you are. Send me an email and let me know if this proposition is acceptable to you.

Thank you,
Alex
On 9/27/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com > wrote:
Hi.
I have a major problem with the pair of "het pieds" that I purchased from you. One of my first concerns with the snakes was when I could not sex the "male". I thought that because I am new to popping that I may have not been doing it properly. Today, however, I went and saw a friend of mine who has years in the business and the "male" "het pied" turns out to be a female.
Because you have been unable to turn up paper work I have had doubts about their genetics, but due to the fact that they are both female, this suggests to me that your snakes were not accurately represented. If they arent even accurately sexed, how can I have faith in them being het for pied? And the answer is that I have no faith in them being het pied.
I am considering these two snakes to be normal females. I will ship them back to you for a full refund of my 550. Your desire to have me post positive comments about you on faunaclassieds seem to be unwarranted. If things are not resolved on these snakes, my comments will not be positive, and I will take further steps to handle this matter.
If you pride your self on customer service as been stated in previous email, I am hoping that this matter will be rectified in a very timely and efficient manner.

Thank you

Anthony Fleming

Date: 9/28/2007 12:14:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time

I understand your frustration. I have a female spider that I will be more than happy to send you. Again I'm very sorry for this and will make it right with you. Please let me know.

Thank you
On 9/27/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
I have a male spider at present, would prefer a female spider or a couple female pastels, a female mojave, or a female cinnamon/black pastel. I would take a male spider, but in truth of the co-doms out there, a male spider is the least of my interest and had I my 550 still would have directed it to either a female het pied or female codoms. I am pretty upset by this whole deal.
I basically spent 550 dollars for what is most likely two normal females. Due to the fact that they were not accurately represented sexually, makes it hard for me to believe that they are accurately represented genetically.
Hopefully things can be resolved, I feel pretty taken advantage of on this end, and that is very upsetting to me.

Anthony Fleming

Date: 9/28/2007 1:03:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time

I will ship on Monday for a Tuesday delivery using FedEx overnight with a 10:30am delivery. I'm sorry again for the trouble and will email you with tracking on Monday evening.

Thank you
On 9/27/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
If you send me a female spider, and she is accurately sexed things will be made ok with me. I am still pretty upset by the whole ordeal, but will not denounce your name on fauna classifieds or kingsnake or take legal action. I can't see me buying from you again however. In the future, I hope you have photo ID sent with your snakes and you know 100% what you are selling before mis-labeling it and getting some one like me to buy it.
This has been stressful for me, and for you too I am certain. I hope that the person you obtained the animals from can make things right with you. I wished things had not turned out like this between us.

Thank you

Anthony Fleming

Subj: Re: Female Spider
Date: 10/1/2007 9:35:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I was caught working when I was to be off today. I am off tomorrow and will be shipping her tomorrow evening right before FedEx closes. Sorry but I wasn't able to make it there as I was at work.
On 10/1/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
Did you ship the female spider?

Anthony Fleming

(This email was about one month later after having not heard from him when he said he was going to ship the Spider)

Thank you for contacting me about this. At this time I don't have 550 dollars to send you. I will still be happy to ship you the spider is you would like. If not, it will take me a little time to come up with the 550 dollars. Please let me know what you would like to do and we can go from there.

Thank you,
Alex

On 10/30/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com > wrote:
Alex
Much as it dismays me, I have had to take legal action against you. I have talked to the West Virginia State police, and the West Virginia attorney general. They contacted the Wyoming Attorney General who sent me a form to file a criminal complaint against you for fraud. Once this form has been filled out and sent to the Wyoming Attorney General criminal charges will be brought against you for fraud. I once again ask you to send me 550 dollars that you owe, rather than have me send in this form. I will also file charges against you with the Better Business Bureau.
It is unfortunate that things have had to come to this, but I am left with no other options.

Anthony Fleming

Subject: Re: Het Pieds (Legal Action)
Date: 11/1/2007 11:12:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Sounds good Anthony. I'll get with you tomorrow for the details.

On 11/1/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com < sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
What I will do is this. I will consider the two females as 50 dollars each for normals, plus the 50 shipping. If you send me 400 dollars. You can also send me a female spider; however, if its not a female and its in poor health i am going to ship it back to you and demand the full 400.

Thank you

Anthony Fleming

Date: 11/3/2007 11:02:36 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

What about the other two snakes that I sent you? I didn't try to scam you and there is no proof that I did. I'll send the female spider but want to know what your intentions are with my other two snakes that you have.
On 11/3/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
If I receive the female spider on Tuesday of next week, I will consider things even between us. If she does not arrive by Tuesday, I am going to go ahead and file the paperwork with the Wyoming Attorney General.

Thanks

Anthony Fleming

Date: 11/4/2007 4:04:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

I will ship the female spider tomorrow and will contact you with tracking once I get home.
On 11/3/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com> wrote:
I saved every email you ever sent me. You acknowledged in the emails that the snakes were initially het pieds. Then after a question was raised you said that you had no photo ID and you had been scammed in your own right. Which demonstrates that you definitely know that you sent me inaccurately labeled animals, and you acknowledged it in the e-mails, which shows fault on your part. Though you may not have scammed me intentionally, your subsequent actions of dodging e-mails, and then saying you would send me a female spider to make things up to me and then absolutely not doing so suggests considerable suspect activity on your part. (Thus I do have proof)
I will happily send the two snake back, but I want my 550 before I do. (Obviously, I do not trust you or your word) Female spiders go for 400. Why I suggested in the previous e-mail that I would consider the female spider worth 400, each normal female as 50 dollars each, plus 50 dollars shipping for the two and we have 150 for them, which equals a 550 dollar value, which is what I paid for two normal females!
If you refund my money, I will send you the two snakes back and we will both be back where we were before we were unfortunate enough to cross paths.

Thanks

Anthony Fleming

Date: 11/6/2007 12:15:54 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Hi Anthony,

I have consulted my attorney on this matter and have been told not to send anything until I receive proof that you in fact did receive two females instead of a male and female. If this proof can be provided to me then I will be willing to make refund or send the spider. If I recall, I never said that I had committed fraud against you. My comment was that if the snakes were not what was represented then I had been defrauded as well. I never admitted to defrauding you nor have I admitted to intentionally sending you snakes which were misrepresented. If you can provide proof to me from a vet that both snakes are female, through a fax from the vet, then we will resolve this and I will make it right. If you are not willing to provide this information to me then I have no choice but to believe that you did in fact receive the correct snakes and will consider the matter closed.

Thank you,
Alex
On 11/5/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com > wrote:
Alex
Never received a tracking number from you. Was wondering if you send that to me.

Thanks

Anthony Fleming

Date: 11/6/2007 1:46:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

I have also saved all of our communications and am not going to allow you to bully me or threaten me. If you feel you need to try filing criminal charges against me for a civil situation, please be my guest. Once you have visited the vet please let me know and I will give you the fax number. I am by no means trying to delay anything, just making sure I'm not being taken for a ride. How do I know you will ship the snakes back once you receive a refund? Once again I remind you that I never admitted to sending you the wrong snakes and still have reservation about your claim. Thank you for your quick response and I will wait for an email that you have visited the vet.

Thank you,
Alex
On 11/6/07, sjtfadd0@aol.com <sjtfadd0@aol.com > wrote:

The burden of proof is not for me to provide, I will send the snakes back to you when I receive the money. But, I will go to a vet and have them sexed (as more proof that you sent me the wrong snakes). Send me a Fax number, and you will receive that information. You are doing delaying tactics since you know that you are in the wrong, for this reason I am going to file charges against you with the Wyoming Attorney General, and the Better Business Bureau, and likely file suit against you in small claims court. You have acknowledged an error on your part, and you are unwilling to resolve it. If you can provide me the name of your lawyer, I will have mine contact him/her with all relevent information.

Thank you
Date: 11/8/2007 5:38:14 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
To: premierherps@gmail.com

Alex
I took the two ball pythons you shipped me to the veternarian today. They are both females as I had early deduced. When you give me a fax number they, the vet, will send you the verification that they are both female. They also took pictures of the snakes so that you can compare them to your records. I will be looking for some form of compensation from you immediately after you have received the fax.

Thank you

Anthony Fleming

Date: 11/11/2007 11:46:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

To: premierherps@gmail.com

Alex
Still awaiting word on the fax number. The veternarian clinic was apprised to the situation and they will fax you all relevent information.

Thanks
Anthony Fleming

Alex Motter or Alex Solon, whatever his name may be, never e-mailed me back. I did file the charges, and the Wyoming Attorney General has been in contact with me, but as of yet, nothing has been settled. Avoid Alex Solon or Alex Motter at all costs. If anyone knows of message boards on here that he frequents I will gladly post the emails there as well.

Anthony Fleming

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!