exoticpets ??? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #61
greenmansgeckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Sammy, if you count the "unusually marked and colored Brook's", which is actually a hybrid, and the "peanut butter brook's" that wasn't, that actually makes four. And those are just the ones we know about.

They were sold at prices in line with those labels, when they were actually worth much less.
Hello I am back.....the one that first posted about ken. i absolutely hate to see this thread up again. before I attempted to purchase that "pb" brooks, well, I was under the impression ken and I were "online friends". I have spent many nights online in the aol reptile chat, I learned a lot of what I know from talking with ken and a few others in that room, even chatting a lot with ken's wonderful wife, kim. I had really hoped this was an isolated occurrence.....
With that sadness expressed let me say this. I am really feeling let down by this site. I don't expect any one to do it, but, if you looked through my posts, you would see something. I have pointed out to this community how biased it is. All the inner circle bs they claim happens on the other site, happens right here. You can find untold fifty page threads attacking people for selling a ball python....what ever, you name it. The vast majority of members will join in on judging and attacking of these people. Now that it is a "friend of this site, so many of those so quick to attack others, are all absent when it appears ken is making the same "mistake" over and over....

Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #62
varnyard
Let me get this straight Benjamin, you think it is OK for him to misrepresent his animals, and no one should say anything?

No, Ken needs to get his crap together, it is happening way too much.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #63
jsrocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
Let me get this straight Benjamin, you think it is OK for him to misrepresent his animals, and no one should say anything?

No, Ken needs to get his crap together, it is happening way too much.
Bobby, I don't think that's what he's saying. My take on it was that he is disappointed with the apparent double standard.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #64
varnyard
I am sorry Benjamin, I misread your post, I was on the phone at the same time I was reading your post.

I agree, more people need to chime in, it is way too proven about his actions. He will not get a free pass from me again, he does not seem to care about anything except the money. Anyone can see, his actions speak louder than his words. He has not came to address this tread, or even offer an apology to the ones he was wrong about. So, the true measure of this man is pretty plain for anyone that wants to see it, and it is now proven that you can not trust his word on his animals. The only thing you can trust is he will take your money, but do not expect to get what your paying for.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #65
jsrocket
Quote:
Sammy, if you count the "unusually marked and colored Brook's", which is actually a hybrid, and the "peanut butter brook's" that wasn't, that actually makes four. And those are just the ones we know about.

They were sold at prices in line with those labels, when they were actually worth much less.
One correction to this post. The "unusually marked and colored Brook's" is not yet sold, as I still see the ad for it on KS.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #66
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmansgeckos
Hello I am back.....the one that first posted about ken. i absolutely hate to see this thread up again. before I attempted to purchase that "pb" brooks, well, I was under the impression ken and I were "online friends". I have spent many nights online in the aol reptile chat, I learned a lot of what I know from talking with ken and a few others in that room, even chatting a lot with ken's wonderful wife, kim. I had really hoped this was an isolated occurrence.....
With that sadness expressed let me say this. I am really feeling let down by this site. I don't expect any one to do it, but, if you looked through my posts, you would see something. I have pointed out to this community how biased it is. All the inner circle bs they claim happens on the other site, happens right here. You can find untold fifty page threads attacking people for selling a ball python....what ever, you name it. The vast majority of members will join in on judging and attacking of these people. Now that it is a "friend of this site, so many of those so quick to attack others, are all absent when it appears ken is making the same "mistake" over and over....
Bullsnot.

Ken has proved to some of us that he is a standup guy. If you've never worked retail, never had employees, then you know nothing of what his problems may be.

I seriously doubt that Ken did this himself. Why would a guy with a rep like his trash it for a few hundred bucks?

He may well have an employee who thinks he knows more than Ken, or one who is simply too dense to learn, or maybe is really trying hard and just not making the grade, but I don't think Ken is doing this on purpose.

Some of the "clique" know him and have known of him for a long time. Trust me, if I thought he was doing this on purpose I'd be on him like bess on koolaide. I wouldn't be alone either.

The thing is, he DOES have an exccellent reputation and it's going to take more than a few mistakes to trash it. The brooksi is a fairly new morph and when he got it straightened out picture wise, weren't you taken care of? I may be mistaken, but I thought you were.

As far as the tegus go, I don't believe Ken was the one who posted either of those ads and weren't both pulled as soon as it was pointed out that they were wrong? Again, I may be wrong but I thought both of them were.

His operation is large. Considering the number of animals he sells one should cut him a bit of slack for the occasional mistake AS long as he owns up to them. These are not high ticket hets or anything, they're small time goofups.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #67
varnyard
Quote:
One correction to this post. The "unusually marked and colored Brook's" is not yet sold, as I still see the ad for it on KS.
I knew it, someone contacted me and told me it is still in his store listed as the same morph he first stated it was. Of course this is hearsay, but I would not doubt it based on his actions here, as well as in his false ads.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #68
lanceheads
I back Ken Foose 100%
People make errors, and I don't believe for one second that Ken would intentionally make an error. Ken is a stand-up guy! I have known Ken for years and have served proffessionally with him as a board member of the IHS.

Randal Berry

Old 01-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #69
varnyard
So Wes, you think Ken should have a free pass? And he does not need to answer for his (getting to be) many false ads?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #70
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
So Wes, you think Ken should have a free pass? And he does not need to answer for his (getting to be) many false ads?
Is that really what you think I'm saying?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!