Danielle Fields...No Problems - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #61
cka
Quote:
I think six out of hundreds ain't to bad of a record
You do? I don't

Glad you had a good transaction with her (him, them whoever) but there are plenty of reputable sources for amazon tree boa's. Why continue to take a chance by supporting known scammers? You're getting your b@lls busted because you wish to continue supporting folks who've ripped more than a few people off. Saying "I don't care that folks got ripped off, MY deal went fine" doesn't exactly endear you to a community that prides itself on helping others. Caveat emptor, bud, and don't ask the "superheroes" for sympathy when you get burned...

Quote:
Look at how many posts I had before I met up with the crime fighting"super Heros" of Fauna.I am sure the world is a much safer place now.You should get a medal or something.
Sarcasm, it's not your strong suit is it? And they already have medals, nice shiny ones :*)

Old 01-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #62
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForBabies
Look at how many posts I had before I met up with the crime fighting"super Heros" of Fauna.I am sure the world is a much safer place now.You should get a medal or something.
And yet another moron decides to drop his pants, paint his as red and run in circles shouting "Look at me"

David...here's your sign

The "I Shot Myself In The Foot Club" has A New King

Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #63
Cat_72
David, I've been "ripped off" once (along with many, many other folks, see the "Top Shelf Exotics" thread for reference), and I know what it feels like to be ripped off...and I'd like to be able to say that I've helped others avoid having the same happen to them. I also believe anyone with any ethics or morals would not support folks that DO rip people off, and it's just beyond my comprehension that someone would support those who do this sort of thing when there are so many good, ethical, hard-working breeders out there.

No "super-hero" to any of it.....I like to think the majority of the human race would do the same. Of course, there will always be those exceptions, like you, who care little about anyone besides themselves, and perhaps even less about the actual animals that SHOULD be the true focus.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:23 AM   #64
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopingForBabies
Tone it down, and lets get back on the topic, shall we?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:22 AM   #65
vferra7777
Rainforest Reptiles

I hope I can add something. I bought a pair of CB White-Lips from Mike at Rainforest and they arrived thin, sickly and with ticks. I contacted Mike and he said he would take care of it. He dodged me, I got busy with other things and that is where we are today. He still owes me $175 because the female died. I will take it off my taxes shortly as business loss but it still bothers me.

We all screw up, see my post, but we ALL SHOULD try and make it right

I haven't spoken with any of them in almost a year because of lack of trying on my end.

Vinny Ferraiolo
OFF THE ARK

Old 01-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #66
grandmagreen
They have some geckos that I was interested in. I will not buy from them because they were reading this thread and have not come to defend themselves.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hmentid=&stc=1
RFR-2008-01-15_163708.jpg
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #67
ravensgait
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmagreen
They have some geckos that I was interested in. I will not buy from them because they were reading this thread and have not come to defend themselves.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hmentid=&stc=1
RFR-2008-01-15_163708.jpg
You just did yourself a big favor !! As far as I know they haven't responded to any of their Bad Guy threads... Randy

Old 01-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #68
lizardsister2
"Kara, no need to keep typing ''IMHO" as anything anyone post here is just their opinion.. I really doubt that anyone got upset or took anything you posted personally. I think some of us are of the opinion that like David you missed the point by so much that you didn't even notice the contrails miles above your head. I'll say this again for you, yeah I know it has been said a number of times but you and David still don't seem to comprehend it.. It isn't that David did business with this scum before he knew they were scum ! Our problem with him is that even now that he knows what these people are about he has stated more than once that he'd do business with them again IE support known Scammers. He has also stated that he doesn't care that these people have stolen from others and caused the illness and deaths of animals ETC ETC , that in his book they are A OK with him. Now I have to ask you Kara do you feel the same way as our boy David here does?? from what you've posted here one has to wonder about that question... Randy"

Okay this post is an excellent example of what I'm talking about and before I continue please Randy since I don't know you and have no experience with you do not take the following as any kind of an attack just because I quoted you above.

I don't agree with you so my comprehension is in question and I'm not sure this other person is in the wrong so whether or not I think it's okay to kill animals and scam people is in question. Now is that a particularly productive post?

I have few posts on fauna I think if you looked them all up they mostly sum up to being outraged at mistreatment of animals, asking advice on their care, and asking who to buy them from. I am a very small hobbyists. Everything I have is a loved pet and I have to work darn hard to save the money to buy any of them because I'm a social worker. Of course it's not okay to scam or to support someone you know scams. I understand that your problem with this buyer is that he has bought from a known scammer and that he has said he may buy from them in the future.

The point I made that I don't think you're comprehending is that, whether it's dumb or not, this buyer does not consider this seller a scammer. He doesn't agree with you/believe you/etc. He thinks you're wrong. Therefore you can't accuse him of supporting a known scammer because right, wrong, oblivious, dumb, retarded, or otherwise he doesn't know he's a scammer, you do.

I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about. I have two sellers that I have bought from a couple of times each. My experience with them is limited but it has been truly excellent. Now if someone I had no experience with came on and said one or both of them were terrible scammers and even had what they felt was evidence of this I might hesitate to fully support that view because of my own experience. Depending on the situation this could be smart, dumb, hurtful, etc., but people tend to follow their own evidence from personal life experience more than the experience of others.

Again, maybe this buyer just got lucky, maybe the seller is a complete scammer, maybe you've all provided ample evidence of this and the buyer is a complete retard for not accepting it. One way or the other it's a matter of judgement not ethics. It would be a matter of ethics if he believed the person was a scammer and supported them. He does not believe them to be scammers, therefore he could be using terrible judgment but it's not at all related to ethics.

And this is entirely off my point anyway, my original and current point is that if you wanted to make sure people thought twice about buying from this seller that was accomplished at the beginning of the thread. Everything since then has gotten more or less off topic, muddied the water, and made everyone involved (instead of just the seller) look bad. I'm sorry if that's not what everyone wants to hear. I don't mean to offend anyone.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #69
Phil Bradley
Well said.....

Old 01-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #70
ravensgait
Just a couple of things Kara and one thing I don't do is take things here personally, I don't know you and likely never will so no reason to be offended by what you write, I take exception to some of it but then that's just me. Now David doesn't care if you or anyone else is taken in by this scammer and has said as much(reflects on his ethics in case you don't realise that). If you read this thread you'll notice that as more people chime in and tell him he is wrong the more Right he seems to think he is or what is more likely he is unable to admit he may be wrong and is arguing to his limited best to prove his wrong is right(again reflects on his poor ethics). I could go on but you either get the point or never will.

You said Quote"" One way or the other it's a matter of judgement not ethics."' Maybe you want to rethink that as ones judgement directly reflects ones Ethics.

Quote "The point I made that I don't think you're comprehending is that, whether it's dumb or not, this buyer does not consider this seller a scammer."" Now I'd say he does but just can't bring himself to admit he could be wrong. And one thing this thread has done is once again pointed out that these folks are Scammers but if anyone who is thinking of doing business with David does a search here and sees this it shows them such a wonderful picture of David. This also goes to your comment IE Quote"" And this is entirely off my point anyway, my original and current point is that if you wanted to make sure people thought twice about buying from this seller that was accomplished at the beginning of the thread."" No David has added more to his picture than we saw in the first few post he made..

Quote"" I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about. I have two sellers that I have bought from a couple of times each. My experience with them is limited but it has been truly excellent. Now if someone I had no experience with came on and said one or both of them were terrible scammers and even had what they felt was evidence of this I might hesitate to fully support that view because of my own experience. Depending on the situation this could be smart, dumb, hurtful, etc., but people tend to follow their own evidence from personal life experience more than the experience of others.""

Maybe you should go read the TSE thread and you might have a different view of what may or may not be possible with someone who is/was known as a Real Good Guy. As we have seen here on the BOI someone is really only as Good a Guy as their last few deals, more than one with a great reputation have done bad things to the pooch . Some like you'll see in the TSE thread were taken to task for even suggesting that said Good Guy did anything wrong. That is until more evidence was provided and bad deals came out of the wood work, it has happened to others Matt Graybeal also comes to mind..

Now when it comes to Rain forest Reptiles yeah I know what they are they are Scammers they have burned a number of people and as we've seen in the past most who get taken don't post here about it, either they don't know about the BOI or for other reasons IE embarrassed ETC don't post here. So yeah I do wonder why of all the threads on the BOI you are here ....Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!