Tony Hurts Genetic Guarentee??? (HETS) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
wyblep
Tony Hurts Genetic Guarentee??? (HETS)

I would like to call upon other members of the reptile comunity for some advice. Let me start by saying this was pretty much my last hope in resolving a issue I am currently having with another gentelman by the name of Tony Hurt AKA Snake Evolutions out of Arlington, TX. I purchased a 100% Het female albino from Tony on 04-01-05 for the purchase price of $1100.00 The animal was shippied to me a few days later and arrived just fine. She fed very well for me and I successfully bred her to one of my albino's later that year and she gave me six good eggs in early 06. I kept Tony up to date throughout the whole process IE when she ovulated and laid the clutch. When the clutch hatched I did not get any albino's. So I was disappointed to say the least but I contacted Tony and told him the outcome and he said that I just had really bad odds and he was positive next she would do much much better for me. Still just to make sure I sent Tony a few pics of the female just so he could match her up with his records just to make sure she was infact a 100% Het albino. He responded back with an email stating that she indeed the same snake he sold me and she is defiantly a 100% Het albino. So I asked him again That he defiantly is the one that produced this female and he stated once more that he is in fact the one that produced her. Well I took his advice and bred her again this year to a albino male and once again she ovulated and had a clutch of 7 good eggs. I kept Tony notified throughout the whole process once again. Well a few weeks ago the eggs hatched and once again No albino's? So I called Tony with no luck. I left messages every day and I have sent countless emails asking for Tony to call me. He sent me a few emails saying he will call me but I never received a call. I have called him at all hours of day and still I get his voicmail and thats it. He emailed me a few times saying he tried calling me and I did not answer but I have never missed a call from him and I never have a message from him? I know if I was trying to call someone that really needed to speak to them I would leave a message so there is no question that I called. Well I know this is a rather long post already but I would like everyoneto know exactly what I am dealing with here. So onto his genetic guarantee. When I purchased this animal I just got done proving a Rick Miller het albino out that did not prove out, So I told Tony that I was only looking for Hets that were produced by him I was not buying any third party hets anymore. I was not going down that road again. He reassured me that he produced the animal and gave me a guarantee of if it did not prove out he would refund my purchase price I would get to keep the female (now a proven breeder) and I would get a albino of my choice. Well I bought the animal thinking that none of that was going to be necessary anyway. He assured me that it is a het. Well now Tony emails me saying that he would replace her with another het albino after she lays eggs for him or he will buy back the female for my purchased price of $1100.00. I feel that this is not fair at all he is not sticking to his original guarantee and is more or less asking for a intrest free loan of $1100.00 for two years. So he is not out anything. Meanwhile I should have produced albino's two years in a row. In early 06 albinos were selling for 1500.00+ and I hatched out six eggs from albino to het. And this year another seven eggs. So now Tony's latest email is stating he thinks she is still a het and she will do better for me next year? So my question is What is fair in this situation? Was the standered two year breeding rule enough? I know this post is very long winded and I apologize but I felt that these are all facts that needed to be covered and I am sure I am probably leaving something out but I will add to the post as I can think of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. I will also email Tony to let him know that this thread is started so he can come here state anything he feels is appropriate. Thanks again Paul Wyble at Steel City Exotics

Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman
I know nothing about the hets Tony sells but these posts came up in a unrelated thread. Maybe, Tony can address them all at once.The information seems relevant to the questions you had about the animals he sells.
__________________________________________________ _____________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmherps
Tony merely brokers everything he sells. He breeds a few BP's here and there but other than that he does nothing.
Quote:
And not that it matters but the snake was merely btokered by Hurt. He doesn't and didn't breed boas during that time. The snake more than likely came from Jimmy Horton of www.texhiss.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Correct me if I’m wrong but I was under the impression he bred the BRB’s, I have purchased from him.
Quote:
Not too sure Dennis. I have been to his house many times and always saw babies but never any breeders. Unless his "partner" has them, I don't know about it.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Wilomn
The fair thing, Paul, is for tony to stick to his original agreement.

Do you have it in writing?

Old 05-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #4
wyblep
unfortunately the guarantee was discussed via a telephone conversation. When I emailed Tony about the guarantee he never denied it just offered something else. And as far as Tony producing the animal in question I have asked that question 10 plus times and he always replied that he did in fact produce this animal. Paul

Old 05-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Wilomn
Well, with nothing in writing, you've got to rely on what tony thinks of his reputation.

You're pretty solid Paul, everywhere I see your name it's always all good. I'd hit every site that has a forum for it and post the same info you did here. Enough pressure from enough quarters and you MIGHT get him to do what he told you he would. Also, learn this lesson. GET IT IN WRITING.

You might want to break it up into 2 or 3 paragraphs though, makes for easier reading.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
Gecko_Den
I hope it works out for you Paul. After we both got burned on the Sean Brady Het Albinos I would hate to see you get burned again!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #7
wyblep
Believe me that is the last thing I want to happen. And as far as the grammer and punctuation. I apologize 1000 times LOL. I was in a little bit of a hurry I had to leave to pick my daughter up. I am hoping Tony comes here and sheds some light on the situation. Thanks again Paul

Old 05-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
Gecko_Den
Paul, have you made Tony aware of this thread? Maybe he will come reply, or at least open lines of communication with you to get this resolved.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:18 PM   #9
wyblep
Yes I emailed him a link to this thread the moment I posted it. Paul

Old 05-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #10
wyblep
Also how many of you guys have bred a homozygous animal to a het for two consecutive years with no homozygous animals being produced? With fairly nice size clutches of course? Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!