Tony Hurts Genetic Guarentee??? (HETS) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 PM   #41
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyblep
He reassured me that he produced the animal and gave me a guarantee of if it did not prove out he would refund my purchase price I would get to keep the female (now a proven breeder) and I would get a albino of my choice.
Paul, you asked in your first post what people thought was fair. If Tony sticks to the original guarantee you said he gave you, as posted above, that would be fair. I understand that you feel you should be compensated for potential lost production, but there is no way to actually predict exactly how many of the eggs would have/should have been albinos. Asking Tony to refund you and give you albinos for each year she didn't produce is maybe asking for too much, in my opinion. I have never dealt with Tony but have heard nothing but good things about him previously, I have dealt with you and would do so again as well as recommend others to you, hopefully you guys will be able to come to a resolution that you both think is fair!

Old 05-27-2007, 08:06 PM   #42
lanceheads
I hope Tony comes on here and address's this post.
Tony is a good guy and has quality animals. I cannot believe he would mis-represent an animal. Not like him at all.
Puzzling to say the least.

Randal Berry

Old 05-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #43
Pintado
Paul,

So many times on the BOI, people who claim to have been wronged make up wild accusations as the thread gets deeper, and others put their 2 cents in. You seem to state the facts and I feel you have been wronged.

I have also met Tony several times, and once was going to do a trade with him. He had a problem returning, or answering emails and I went another way. I believe Tony is an honest man and can be trusted. I think his avoidance with the emails is just his nature.

I am also a science teacher and and I believe some how some way this animal is not a het. You stuck in there a year longer than I would have in proving out this het. I believe Tony owes you more than the original purchase price. Tony what would you expect if you bought the snake from Paul and it didn't prove out after 2 years? I think it should be withing reason though.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:30 PM   #44
wyblep
Ok, I ‘m back. I just wanted to comment on a couple of the posts. I do not feel I am going to get compensated for all of the production that I may have lost, but I do feel that there should be something compensated for my loss.

What I don’t like is how people sell fake or questionable hets and think that after a couple of years when the animal does not prove out they can just refund the purchase price and everything will be fine. I feel there needs to be consequences to prevent them from doing this. What if everyone that was sold fake hets from CRE or TSE just sold them to some one else and past the buck because they were ripped off? And then if the person does breed them after how many years of investing into that project and proves them to be fake, all they get is there money back? That’s Bull$%#&. There has to be some form of compensation or else you are opening the door for every scumbag in this industry to sell a bunch of fake hets. And after two to three years when people start proving them out all they have two do is refund the purchase price and they just received an interest free loan for two to three years. Don’t forget about the ones that don’t breed or die, then that was pure profit for them.

I feel that his original guarantee of my purchase price refunded and also an albino for each year I bred her is fair. Tony is the one who insisted that I breed her two years. If it was up to him I would be trying again this year with her. Here is a solution that I feel is fair for both parties. I feel that my money back and two albino females or another animal for the same value of the two albino's. And I will keep her and breed her again this year and I would be willing to document the breedings with photo's ect. The results will be posted here.

If she would happen to prove out, I would give Tony a public apology and return the same amount he gave me in animals I produced that year. I would also refund him the $1100.00 he is going to return to me. Now I think that this is a fair solution for both parties. Tony Please let me lnow what you think of this solution. Paul

Old 05-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #45
wyblep
Another question I have is has anyone ever proved any of Tony's hets out? Is anyone here working with hets from Tony? He has been selling them for a few years now so there should have been some breeding this year. Paul

Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #46
David Reid
Paul, I think you are asking too much.

You probably could have returned the female after the first year for your money back. There are too many what if's.

If you really want to know you got what you paid for, buy Homozygous animals from now on, and produce your own hets.

Dave

Old 05-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #47
wyblep
Are you F%$^& Kidding me? David your telling me I got what I paid for, Because I trusted someone and bought a het animal from them so I deserved to get screwed? I should have bought morphs instead? And when I contacted Tony the first year he insisted she was a het and I just had bad odds. And told me to breed her again.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #48
Dean38
understood wrong

I think what he was saying is...... If you want to know for sure you are working with hets, produce your own. I don't think he was saying you deserve what you got. Were ya Dave?

Dino

Old 05-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #49
David Reid
Paul,

There is always a risk when buying Hets, that is Ball breeding 101 stuff. If you want to be sure to produce a certain morph, buy Homozygous animals to produce the desired morph or to make your own Hets, or take a chance.

If I was in your shoes, Yes, I would be peeved, and if there was a verbal agreement as to what would happen if the Het did not prove out, then it should be abided by, by Tony. It seems that he is not going to do that. I would say he at least owes you your money back, and should let you keep the snake. If she proves out, you owe Tony the money...if she never proves out, then you got a normal, a bunch of Hets that you made, for free. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, I think this is one of those times. You are pissed, and think you are owed the world, for what you MIGHT have produced. I would say Tony should refund your money, and you keep the snake, and if she proves out, you send Tony the money back.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #50
chad
Dave

I quess what you are saying is Tony does not have to go by his agreement. What I read if she does not prove out I will give you your money back and an albino of your choice. 2 years of breeding her adds up to 2 albinos. I have not read where Paul is asking for the world or for what he could have produced in compensation. Paul is only asking for what Tony SAID he would do. I think Paul is being fair for his latest offer to Tony. So where are you going with this Dave. Are we going to just let people sell fake hets and then just skate by?

Chad Umbaugh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!