Bad Guy Bruce McElyea SCAM - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2017, 08:42 PM   #11
Snake-Queen
Did you take pictures of the box while packing it?

Old 10-22-2017, 08:57 PM   #12
iamjcal
I didnt do a box up video because I was under the assumption that I cant prove that it stayed sealed afterwards but that is likely going to be done with every future shipment.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:26 PM   #13
tlmoon
I can't imagine anyone getting a box on October 17th that was 'empty' and not saying anything to the seller for 5 days. I certainly can't imagine anyone believing such a ridiculous story either, so I don't know what he is thinking with this plan.

I think he is either scamming, or never retrieved the box for days and the animals died (I really hope this isn't the case). His communications to you don't even make sense at that point - he seems impaired in some way.

I don't think he would win a paypal claim; hopefully he isn't going to go that route and try and take the funds back.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #14
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjcal View Post
My father (Grady Calhoun) and I are currently having Bruce McElyea try to scam us. Screen shots will follow for details but here is the concise version. He contacted us about purchasing some mainland chahoua or trading for various leachianus. His leachianus information seemed inflated or possibly suspect so I did BOI search. I must have typoed in some way because I failed to find his previous negative BOI here on fauna. Definitely a costly mistake for not checking twice.

When looking at the email evidence, you may notice that the name on the email account is Grady Calhoun. As previously stated, he is my father and we share an email account to streamline our sales.

He first agreed to purchase one chahoua hatchling, but after a second became available he decided to purchase two. They were paid for in two payments via invoice on paypal.

We agreed to ship on October 16th 2017 for arrival on the 17th via SYR. He was sent a tracking number via SYR's fedex tracking service.

On the 17th, I was notified that the package was left at the door so I immediately contacted Bruce but he failed to respond. I was at work and an hour later, attempted contact again with no success.

Today (October 22), he is claiming that the package arrived but the deli cups were empty. He has had no contact prior to today. I believe that he wants two new hatchlings and not money, but we refuse to send either. While he was previously prone to typos, this most recent message is especially difficult to understand as if it is suddenly broken English or from under the effects of chemical substance.
No surprises here, a leopard doesn't/can't change his spots.

If you don't get anywhere with this situation with Bruce, let me know. I have several law enforcement friends and close contacts in law enforcement, in Green County, Springfield MO. which is where Bruce lives, I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

In addition, I'm hoping this link works (I'm terrible at this internet jargon)

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...=Bruce+McElyea

^^^^^^^^^^That was 29 years ago.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry your having to deal with the likes of him, the VERY BEST OF LUCK to you!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-23-2017, 01:01 AM   #15
bcr229
Is there anything in your TOS about how quickly after the package is delivered you need to be contacted if there is a problem? I've seen anywhere from two to four hours in the ones I've read, if it was there.

Also have you asked the seller if there is an unboxing video?

Old 10-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #16
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjcal View Post
I failed to find his previous negative BOI here on fauna.
In the future, don't forget that you can always put up a new BOI thread inquiring about an individual prior to a transaction especially if you are unable to locate an existing thread. Other members might catch the typo and point you to the correct information.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I can't imagine anyone getting a box on October 17th that was 'empty' and not saying anything to the seller for 5 days. I certainly can't imagine anyone believing such a ridiculous story either, so I don't know what he is thinking with this plan.

I think he is either scamming, or never retrieved the box for days and the animals died (I really hope this isn't the case). His communications to you don't even make sense at that point - he seems impaired in some way.

I don't think he would win a paypal claim; hopefully he isn't going to go that route and try and take the funds back.
This ^^^^

Old 10-23-2017, 01:26 PM   #18
Black Adder
Not sure if I missed the announcement but a very warm welcome and justly deserved I say to the unsung ranks of Fauna moderator.
Congratulations indeed!

Old 10-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #19
Black Adder
Oops...forgot to say this was for Melinda
Doh.......

Old 10-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #20
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Is there anything in your TOS about how quickly after the package is delivered you need to be contacted if there is a problem? I've seen anywhere from two to four hours in the ones I've read, if it was there.
As you and I both know Melinda, that's the industry standard, but knowing what I know about this character, and for as long as I've known, he's trying to get free critters, there can't be any other reason, I don't believe for a moment the OP shipped an empty box....

This has been his modus operandi, for the 29 years of known of him.

Has there been any updates?

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!