Inquiry Has anyone done business with Eric Crider? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
the bratt
Has anyone done business with Eric Crider?

Looking for some accounts involving Eric Crider?

Old 03-14-2018, 09:05 AM   #2
Ryan Johnson
Eric Crider

Good morning,

I have purchased some Pilbara Rock Monitors from Eric last year. I accidentally made a mistake and sent him $300 (thru PayPal thru my lizard partners PayPal account) over the agreed amount. Mistake was purely on my end as I have no idea why i changed the amount in my head. I’ve requested many times from him to refund the overage and he has said he would ASAP but never did.

All of the communication was through text on a previous phone. I do however have our last communication on 11/11/17 on my new phone. After trying many times to kindly ask for the refund I’ve somewhat given up.

I do admit the original issue was my fault but I would hope someone with integrity would do help and do the right thing.

Sincerely,
Ryan Johnson

Old 03-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #3
Ryan Johnson
Eric Crider

See attached
Attached Images

Old 03-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #4
Ryan Johnson
Eric Crider

I can’t locate the previous messages.

I haven’t reached out since November as I had been trying to get the refund for many months prior.

I guess I had given up and cut my losses as I’m the one who made the mistake but I can say I still haven’t received the over payed $300 refund.

That’s my $0.02

Old 03-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #5
Lucille
Ryan,

If someone allegedly owed me money I might possibly declare the unpaid money a bad debt, and for sure I'd put the name of the person who had not repaid me in the required explanations and particulars.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc453

Old 03-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Ryan Johnson
Bad debt

Interesting.

I learn something new every day.

I hadn’t made any BOI thread about this as I’m the cause for the mistake. Eric has been nice and polite upon each of my inquiries and always said he would send me back the overpayment but just never did which took place over and over and over.

I want to say the original transaction goes back to early summer of 2017 (We used my lizard hobby partner Jay Mark’s PayPal account and will look at when it actually took place but Jay is unavailable till next week).

Not that all that matters as I choked it up as a loss but in my opinion it goes towards someone’s integrity which is something I would like to know if I was contemplating a business transaction with them.

Thanks for the info Lucille.

Sincerely,
Ryan

Old 03-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
Lucille
A site search here for 'Eric Crider' brings up both good guy and bad guy results. However, the threads are years old, at least one over 10 years old, I did not want to link them without making sure it was the same Eric Crider as the OP is referring to.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #8
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Johnson View Post

I hadn’t made any BOI thread about this as I’m the cause for the mistake. Eric has been nice and polite upon each of my inquiries and always said he would send me back the overpayment but just never did which took place over and over and over.

Sincerely,
Ryan
Then, in my opinion, that does deserve a Bad Guy post. Just because you made a mistake, doesn't make it okay for him to keep your money; especially when it appears that he's acknowledged the error.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #9
Ryan Johnson
Eric Crider

I understand. I try to maintain a small footprint and dont often get involved with the BOI but I saw this and thought this would be worth noting.

In my opinion it’s about self integrity.

I will say this, the animals I received were accurately as described and what I asked for. I did in fact over pay and on that note Eric Crider (from the northwest I want to say from Washington State to reduce the risk from me identifying the wrong person) did not do as he said he would on multiple occasions.

If the $300 gets refunded great, if he sends something “Varanus” related worth $300 great, if not oh well I just won’t be a repeat customer.

Sincerely,
Ryan

Old 03-14-2018, 03:17 PM   #10
AaronSerio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Johnson View Post
I understand. I try to maintain a small footprint and dont often get involved with the BOI but I saw this and thought this would be worth noting.

In my opinion it’s about self integrity.

I will say this, the animals I received were accurately as described and what I asked for. I did in fact over pay and on that note Eric Crider (from the northwest I want to say from Washington State to reduce the risk from me identifying the wrong person) did not do as he said he would on multiple occasions.

If the $300 gets refunded great, if he sends something “Varanus” related worth $300 great, if not oh well I just won’t be a repeat customer.

Sincerely,
Ryan
Is there anything you want to purchase from him? Probably easier to use it as a credit and maybe ask for a discount on the purchase since it took him so long to help you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!