Bad Guy Crestieman - Robert Shays Reptiles - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #51
ento890
I'm sorry you had such a horrible transaction with this guy Katie.

At 20 grams, I am sure those pores were pretty evident before they even left his house. He pretty much just hit his own self destruct button on this BOI. I'm sure it won't be long before NO ONE buys from him

Great job documenting and handling this unfair situation so calmly and maturely

Old 05-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #52
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
Sounds like Robert is a 13 year old kid who is used to getting bullied at school and is trying to be the bully now from behind the keyboard.
LOL-Katie approached me on Pangea via PM, and asked me to look at the thread, and when I had seen what he was saying, I said the same thing!

Quote:
Robert, you have posted no proof, you have gone off the deep end on just about every post you have made here, you have refused to make your customer happy. I will not purchase from you and I guarantee anyone that looks your name up on Fauna will not do business with you either. In this business your name is everything. No reputation is better than a bad one.
Just keep burning all those bridges!

Quote:
You could have refunded her a small amount of money, made her a bit happier and your name would not have been brought out into the open. Now that it is, combined with your incredibly childish behavior, you have lost business from anyone with common sense enough to look you up on the BOI
Customer service can make ANYTHING better!

You obviously don't understand this.

A DOA can be replaced or refunded if it's due to bad shipping or bad weather.

Wrong gender can be remedied by a partial refund.

Wrong animal shipped can be remedied by shipping the right animal and accepting the wrong animal back at your shipping cost.

Poor customer service is what's sinking your business as you read this.

You need to improve your people skills a LOT if you plan to continue selling ANYTHING, but I believe your time selling herps is just about OVER.

This reputation-damning thread is here because of YOUR MISTAKE.

Katie's only mistake was purchasing the gecko from an obvious NOVICE and using the wrong type of transaction through PayPal. I'm sure that you told her which transaction type to pick, so that's on YOU.

Had she used the proper transaction, she would have been able to get a full refund because she received something that she didn't buy.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #53
Jaybee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
Katie's only mistake was purchasing the gecko from an obvious NOVICE and using the wrong type of transaction through PayPal. I'm sure that you told her which transaction type to pick, so that's on YOU.
Yah, from Katie's post:

Which is a falsehood, it's the recipient who loses out on "fees" for using Paypal's services. Katie would have, for example, sent $100, and the recipient would only receive $95 or whatever.

If you are selling things, you don't ask people to send money as a gift. You factor in Paypal fees when deciding on your total selling price or take it as a loss as part of doing business online. Asking too many people to send funds as a gift is a good way to get your Paypal account investigated or shut down, so even if you don't care about your buyers' protection (which speaks volumes in itself), you should at least be smart enough to cover your own backside.

I also agree with what ento890 said - pores are generally visible without a loupe at 20 grams. With a loupe they should have been very evident.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #54
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
Yah, from Katie's post:

Which is a falsehood, it's the recipient who loses out on "fees" for using Paypal's services. Katie would have, for example, sent $100, and the recipient would only receive $95 or whatever.

If you are selling things, you don't ask people to send money as a gift. You factor in Paypal fees when deciding on your total selling price or take it as a loss as part of doing business online. Asking too many people to send funds as a gift is a good way to get your Paypal account investigated or shut down, so even if you don't care about your buyers' protection (which speaks volumes in itself), you should at least be smart enough to cover your own backside.

That's what I meant-I just worded it wrong.

He didn't want to be out the PayPal fee.

By sending the money as a gift or as personal, Katie is no longer protected by PayPal.

And he could care less. He got his money.

Quote:
I also agree with what ento890 said - pores are generally visible without a loupe at 20 grams. With a loupe they should have been very evident.
Yep!! And as I said...there should have been obvious "droppage", even if the whole hemipenal "bulge" was not evident.

That doesn't occur overnight.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #55
CharlieGeckos
I cant believe this... this guy is unbelievable. Katie, I posted a link to this thread on his most recent ad (4/27) to hopefully prevent anyone from doing business with him.

Hopefully he'll come back here and address this. I hope you get some of your money back.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=241393

Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM   #56
heathacat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaJane13 View Post
He didn't want to be out the PayPal fee.
By sending the money as a gift or as personal, Katie is no longer protected by PayPal. And he could care less. He got his money.
Isn't it unethical to make the buyer pay the card processing fees when buying reptiles? On the same vein I think it is against paypal's terms to pay for goods received under the gift option.

Katie, your composure is outstanding. Kudos.

Robert, how experienced is your herpetologist friend with cresteds specifically? I have been breeding them for the past five years and the pores and a slight bulge would definitely have been evident at the time of sale. I don't necessarily doubt his credibility, but his gender determinations don't mean hold much clout if he isn't experienced with cresties.

The real issue is that your ads DID NOT say probable female, they said female, and your buyer received a male gecko. You seem to have ignored the messages from Katie contacting you about the error, and then come back and say she is harassing you and is crazed? If you had just responded in the first place she would not have had to send multiple messages. It doesn't sound like you plan on making the situation right and it's going to send a very bad message to the rest of the community. I hope your Facebook auctions are your bread and butter.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #57
Katie.Shinkle
Thanks so much everyone! Believe me...staying calm during all of his little insults and false claims was incredibly difficult. Next time I'll be sure to watch for all the little red flags. I was hoping to receive a partial refund, but highly doubt that will happen, so I'll just move on from this transaction with a lot more experience with watching for potentially bad transactions.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #58
john15882
Wow now that was a hell of a read. At first I was going both ways, but in the end I would never buy from this guy. To say the least. Good Luck with your further purchases!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #59
Katie.Shinkle
Thanks John! Yeah, he really just dug the hole deeper and deeper. I was utterly astounded at the way he talked to me!

Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #60
HighVoltageRoyals
His attitude makes me want to puke. I mean really? He could have handled this situation A LOT better than he did but instead he want's to cry like a baby and throw out ridiculous accusations. I can tell he isn't going to last very long!

Also, if what he claims is true about the market being saturated with females and Katie making off with a "good deal" by getting a male, wouldn't he just want to refund the money and get the male sent back to him and send her a female so he can resell the male for a higher price? Oh wait, that's right; he's a scammer and knew exactly what he was doing the whole time. I guess I was just thinking like a normal human being that doesn't have the IQ of a brick. My bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
crested geckos