Bad Guy Crestieman - Robert Shays Reptiles - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #61
Katie.Shinkle
Yeah, if males are so rare, then I'm lucky! I have too many :P

Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #62
East_Coast
Kate it really stinks when someone does this: I have been on the buying end of many deals that resulted in many mis-sexed snakes, etc.

What really stinks is that we do this for enjoyment and most of us (I am making an assumption here) use the very last bit of money; i.e. our disposable income (what's left after our bills and our family is taken care of) to enjoy our hobby.

We spend lot's of time going through all of the 'eye-candy' in the ads and debate on purchasing an animal -- and the huge shipping costs...

... and then to be 'taken' like this and essentially have the guy spit in your face when you politely ask him to take care of HIS mistake.... well that just takes the cake.

Anyway, hopefully other people are warned away from this guy. He has come across as a real piece of work.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #63
Katie.Shinkle
Thanks Peter. This gecko was actually my 'birthday gift' from my boyfriend. 'She' was going to fit well into my little breeding projects, and was very excited. Now, still a very nice gecko, I have to rearrange my projects due to this, which was fine, but I do not appreciate being ignored, and then insulted.

I too hope people stay away from this guy. His customer service is poor, and his attitude is even worse. It could have been a very simple fix, yet he chose to ignore me. Again, thank you.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #64
leaveittoweaver
I'm definitely not purchasing any from this guy. Too bad cause I was thinking of inquiring into the red dal he had posted.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #65
HighVoltageRoyals
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
I'm definitely not purchasing any from this guy. Too bad cause I was thinking of inquiring into the red dal he had posted.
But the BOI doesn't have any sway in people's opinions! /sarcasm LOL

Good luck keeping your head above water in this community Robert! Looks like it's Craigslist and local pet shops for you if you decide to still be a part of the reptile community.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #66
CharlieGeckos
He removed the photos from the ad I posted in today (5/2) so he's seen the post.

Hopefully the lack of business here will coax him to refund some of the money he owes the OP

Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #67
HighVoltageRoyals
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGeckos View Post
He removed the photos from the ad I posted in today (5/2) so he's seen the post.

Hopefully the lack of business here will coax him to refund some of the money he owes the OP
Megan, it's always a good idea to screen shot ads that people put up because they can always alter or delete the post, but they can't delete your screen cap.

I also hope OP gets some if not all of her money back but judging by Robert's childish attitude, I would be very surprised.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #68
CharlieGeckos
I didn't even think about it at the time. If this continues I'll remember to do it again (assuming he posts another FS/T ad)

Old 05-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #69
Katie.Shinkle
I have a few of his ads on Pangea saved. He goes by CrestieMan on there.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:00 PM   #70
Katie.Shinkle
Also, this is his website: http://rsreptiles.webs.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
crested geckos