The Steel City Reptile Expo Has Some Changes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
wyblep
The Steel City Reptile Expo Has Some Changes

Well after a lot of thought and consideration we have decided that it would be in the shows best interest starting the 2012 show season, We will be following the day after the Hamburg, PA show when scheduling permits. I know a lot of vendors who have to decide which shows to attend because there are a lot of overlapping on show dates and we hope this helps with those issues.

We feel that with this change in scheduling of our show dates a lot more vendors will be able to attend the Steel City Reptile Expo which in return means more variety for our patrons.

All of our 2012 dates are now listed on our site at www.steelcityreptileexpo.com.

Thank You everyone for your support and we look forward to seeing everyone at the Sept 17th Expo.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
gixxer3420
That stinks, for us anyways. We like the Steel City show, we will not be able to make as many of them next year but we will try and make as many as we can though!

Old 08-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
wyblep
Why is that Rob? We figured most of you guys that do the Hamburg show will already be packed up and just shoot across the turnpike and do the Steel City Show. I hope it works out for you because we love having you as a vendor. You have great animals and put on a really nice display. Paul

Old 08-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
gixxer3420
It will make for a long weekend and 12 hours of driving. Since the wife and I do this just as a hobby and we both have full time jobs. That will make for a long weekend. We will try and make a couple of them next year.

Thanks Paul that's nice of you to say. We like doing your show. There is a nice tight nit group of vendors that makes for a great show!

Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
angie.h
Sunday won't work out for me either, I was happy to find a Saturday show close by in Pa., and I really enjoyed the last one and did quite well. But, I know you want to do what works for the majority of vendors.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #6
wyblep
Yes we need to fill the room with quality vendors. Without a lot of quality vendors we wont get the crowds we are looking for. We started this show with one goal and that was to have a Hamburg caliber show on this side of the state.

We feel we are doing great with putting 1200-1500 people through the door every show but that is not what we wanted from the beginning. And we have always had issues with other shows over lapping us etc. With us following the day after Hamburg we feel a lot of the vendors coming back from Hamburg could stop by and do our show. They already have all there stuff packed up so why not? I hope it works out because we really like you guys. Its because of you guys that have showed us support from the beginning that we are doing as well as we are. I really hope you guys find a way to continue with the show because we want nothing more then to have all of you that started with us to help continue to grow the show into what we hope will be one of the best. Paul

Old 08-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
gixxer3420
I understand kind of why you would want to follow the Hamburg show. I just think that following the Hamburg show will hurt vendors sales since the Hamburg show was the day before. I hope we can make a couple of your shows in 2012 because its a lot of fun but it will be hard. I want nothing more for you guys to keep your show growing and I hope this change works for you.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
wyblep
Rob, we appreciate your support. I do disagree that it will hurt the vendors sales. Our core group of customers do not go to Hamburg so we will not loose those customers.

What I think is, it might just help. If we can get a lot of those same vendors that do the Hamburg show then I think a lot of the customers from OH, WV, and western PA might just decide to skip the 5 hour drive to hamburg and just wait till the next day and see those same vendors at the Steel City Show. I guess time will tell. We put a lot of thought into this before making the decision. We feel that it will help us and we never intended to make it harder for vendors like yourself to do both shows and I am very sorry if that is the case. Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!